New to the forums? Click here to read the How To guide. -- Developers click here.

HELP - JSON/JSON.MINI Files - Where to get them? Do they download or generate? Install Failed.....

Dookz555Dookz555 Posts: 3
NerveGear
edited January 11 in Oculus Rift + Touch
Ive recently had to move/retrieve some games from another drive but only have the software folder with the full files, missing the manifest folder.
Ive stopped OVRService, dropped the software into the app/software folder, restarted OVRService then BETA/Restart Oculus. Back at startup they show in library as unistalled, click the app, starts the install/files check, sees it doesnt need any software files, misses the JSON/JSON.MINI files goes to install then loops back to not installed and an error notification. This is on all the games. Ive also tried to delete some of the files in the software app to trigger a file download, this works for the software as it grabs the missing files but still misses the ever so important JSON/JSON.MINI files........ very frustrating.

Ive moved games from folders to folders, computer to computer many times without issue but have always had both the manifest and software and the install goes without a hitch.

I need some help, anyone? Please dont say to redownload as its over 30G and my net is crap and would take another week to retrieve them all again. All I need is the JSON/JSON.MINI files and cant seem to trigger them to download if they do?

Thanks in advance.

Best Answer

• Dookz555Dookz555 Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Accepted Answer
    OK, for those interested, FYI, if you only have the software folder, dont drop them into the software folder, drop the software folder for the game/app into the staging folder, this will prompt the check for both and DL the JSON/JSON.MINI files aaaaaaannnd wulha... games installed. Cheers.

Thanks for the reply LZoltowski
    I have really crap internet, I cant even play high fidelity as it takes about 5 mins just to render the lobby so generally download the games at another location then transfer to home to play them, has been working for a while, read above as I sorted it and now works, Thanks again for the quick reply.

Answers

• LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 6,506 Volunteer Moderator
    I am not sure that would work.

Quick question, why are you not moving games using the Oculus App? You can have multiple library locations now and move games within those libraries to other libraries on multiple drives.

https://support.oculus.com/177556682988320/?locale=en_GB&ref=oculus-pc-app
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)
  • Dookz555Dookz555 Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Thanks for the reply LZoltowski
    I have really crap internet, I cant even play high fidelity as it takes about 5 mins just to render the lobby so generally download the games at another location then transfer to home to play them, has been working for a while.

FYI - If you drop the files into the staging folder instead of the software folder this triggers the manifest files aaaaand wulha....game installed and now works, Thanks again for the quick reply.
  • LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 6,506 Volunteer Moderator
    Awesome thanks for following up! 

If you create the USB drive as a library location, can you not move the files around that way?
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)