cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5 weeks and still no replacement

ironyman
Honored Guest
I sent my rift back for replacement on Dec 5 2018 due to a faulty headphone and have heard nothing since. I have asked support and was given the pretty annoying "please be patient" swerve - as if I haven't already been patient. That was 3 days ago and I STILL HAVEN'T HEARD ANYTHING.

What is going on with Oculus support and why have I had to wait 5 weeks for a replacement and am still totally in the dark about what is going on? Could someone from Oculus please get back to me here as clearly your direct support team don't care.
9 REPLIES 9

ironyman
Honored Guest
Ok, so support are so far unable/unwilling to help me and now oculus wont reply on the forums. Is there any other way I can contact oculus to get my headset back?

Morgrum
Expert Trustee
Please be patient...... They had a huge influx of support tickets because of all of the new owners.
I am sure they are getting to your headset but it was thw holiday season and that makes everything slow down wherever you work.

Unless your an Elf working for Santa that slave labor sweat shop should have been shut down years ago!
WAAAGH!

Anonymous
Not applicable
No offence - but 5 weeks is extreme if this is true

ironyman
Honored Guest
Rift sent back on the 5/12 so now 41 days which, even taking the festive season into account, is massively beyond the longest time oculus quote for a replacement. I think that is well past the patience limit.

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

ironyman said:

Rift sent back on the 5/12 so now 41 days which, even taking the festive season into account, is massively beyond the longest time oculus quote for a replacement. I think that is well past the patience limit.

Hey ironyman, I'm sorry to hear about this delay. I'll look into the ticket. Can you provide the ticket number for me?  -Rick
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

ironyman
Honored Guest
thanks RIck - seems that they are finally planning to send the replacement although no explanation for what caused the delay. seems that being patient and not hassling oculus on a daily basis as soon as it is returned to ensure things get done was a poor decision. next time I will be the squeakly wheel...

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

ironyman said:

thanks RIck - seems that they are finally planning to send the replacement although no explanation for what caused the delay. seems that being patient and not hassling oculus on a daily basis as soon as it is returned to ensure things get done was a poor decision. next time I will be the squeakly wheel...

Hi ironyman, thanks
for the update. I'm glad to hear the replacement is being sent out.
Normally, replacements are sent out after 3 business days after the
warehouse receives the return. If it's been more than 3 days then
definitely reach out to support so it can be investigated it! -Rick

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

falken76
Expert Consultant

ironyman said:

Some might get the feeling that they're trying to waste all your warranty time, you've already lost a full month of it.  I think they should extend the warranty by the insane amount of time they're forcing you to wait with the excuse of "We don't have enough staff to handle the workload because of the holidays".  Cyber is gone now, hopefully his replacement gets things done.

Jake_Dragon
Adventurer
It took forever to get updates to my ticket. But once the head set was returned to them they had a new one on its way in 3 days.
https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/63331/how-long-do-you-think-it-should-take-support-...
But I did squeak a lot in emails.