New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Elite Dangerous Update 3.3.02 Won't Update

AlexanderRozhenkoAlexanderRozhenko Posts: 3
NerveGear
Hi there,

Elite Dangerous: Commander Deluxe Edition doesn't appear to install the latest update so I can't play the game.

So I go into my library to install the latest update for Elite Dangerous - click on the Elite Dangerous game item and a pop-up appears saying "Update Available A new version of Elite Dangerous is available. Would you like to download it now?" As expected. So I click on Update now..."Installing Update..." appears on the ED icon and the starts counting up % to 100% in about 90 seconds. Also as expected.100% sits there for about 15 seconds until its replaced by a 0%. When I check on the "Updates" tab it shows a message "Installing..." but just sits at 0%. When I come back some time later and try to play it goes through the whole above process again...done this about 4 times now.

Anyone know what's going on with this? Elite Dangerous was my reason for buying a Rift and now I can't use it...

Chris

Comments

• BrixmisBrixmis Posts: 2,224
    Project 2501
    edited January 19
    Try disabling any anti-malware programs. This has been a much discussed issue in the past.

btw - welcome to the forums. You might want to search for those discussions if disabling AV doesn't work.

• FrontierSupportFrontierSupport Posts: 93 Oculus Partner
    Heya,

I hope you've been able to update the game but if you do keep running into these issues, please make a support ticket here:

https://support.frontier.co.uk/topic.php

I'd recommend, as pointed out above, making sure all Firewalls/AntiVirus software is disabled, along with trying to disable any other third party software. If the issues persist, please make a ticket! We can help more from there. :)

- CMDR Zenit
  • Rayne23Rayne23 Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    Ive been having the same issues as well, Please let me know if you come across a solution.
  • Rayne23Rayne23 Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    I disabled my Firewall/Antivirus Software and still no dice.... Looks like ill be filing a ticket
  • MAC_MAN86MAC_MAN86 Posts: 1,225
    Neo
    Try clicking on the Logo in the Oculus Install Menu. It can hang for a long time and not seem to update. That extra screen seems to show progress. I noticed EA's Origin is exactly the same until you select the game's logo instead. Look for that deeper menu.
  • ThreeDogzThreeDogz Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I had the same issue and had to completely re-install Elite and Oculus Home to get the update to 3.3.02. Now have the same issue again with 3.3.03. What's going on?
  • RattyUKRattyUK Posts: 515
    Neo
    The update intalled through Oculus software without any issue for me on the last 2 patches, the first update actually did require me clicking the download in the updates section as it was scheduled for some time ahead.  Have you considered sending Frontier Support a request also?
    PC info: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X, Asus ROG Crosshair VII Hero, 16GB Tforce Pro Dark DDR4 3200, Gigabyte GTX 1080, Samsung 850 Pro M.2, 2x 240GB SSD, 3TB WD Green HDD & 4 TB Seagate Barracuda HDD, Corsair Modular 750w PSU, custom watercooling loop. (Win 10 Pro & Opensuse Leap 15 Linux) 32" AOC 4K Monitor.

Laptop: Aorus X5 V6-CF1 (I7-6820HK, GTX 1070, 2* 256GB M.2 NVME, 1TB 7200 HDD 3K screen)
  • AlexanderRozhenkoAlexanderRozhenko Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Hi folks,

Apologies, got it working and got too carried away enjoying the game...oops!

Didn't mean to forget all the help I got.

Fix for me was to do a complete install of ED...for both the recent updates. It works but would be better if I could just run the update like normal.

Regards,
  • bigmike20vtbigmike20vt Posts: 3,514 Valuable Player
    i had the same issue.... in the end i uninstalled and reinstalled - however there was something odd there too as despite the software telling me it was uninstalled it clearly wasnt... because when i reinstalled it, it took all of 10 mins to supposedly install the 18gb game. ... unless i got a magic increase in BB speed for those 10 mins ED clearly had not uninstalled when i told it to.

still, it did then work ok.
    Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR :)