Oculus Quest Release Date? — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus Quest Release Date?

Shadowmask72Shadowmask72 Posts: 3,560 Valuable Player
edited March 9 in General
What is the expected Oculus Quest release date. Does anyone have a clue when the Oculus Quest will likely release? Spring 2019 is quite a large window. Oculus GO released May 1st is Quest going to follow the same path? Ideas on a postcard please.

System Specs: RTX 2080 ti , i9 9900K CPU, 16 GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 10 64 Bit OS.

Comments

• nroskonrosko Posts: 954
    Neo
    I thought it was March for some reason. 
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 6,732 Valuable Player
    It'll probably be released the same time as the Go was, just after the F8 keynote. And with a bit of luck they'll also give developers in the Oculus Start programme a freebie too (not that I'm expecting it but you never know!).
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
  • enigma01enigma01 Posts: 162
    Art3mis
    I’ve just noticed that the Quest is listed on Amazon UK for sale with a release date of December 2019, can this be correct? I was wondering why the controllers have been listed on FCCID, but the manuals etc aren’t available for public viewing until 10th August 2019? 
  • DaftnDirectDaftnDirect Posts: 4,785 Valuable Player
    edited March 8

I think those dates are just placeholders.

Edit: if anyone's curious to see the Amazon page in question:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07HNW68ZC

Intel 5820K OC@4Ghz, Titan X (Maxwell), 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v1903 (18362.239)
  • CongratsulationsCongratsulations Posts: 104
    Art3mis
    It’s soon more likely F8, it’s appeared on amazon uk. Oculus rift is now selling out so the Rift S is pretty close to release to.
  • RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 6,248 Valuable Player
    Looking at the title of the thread I thought you had the date. It got me all excited for a second  :)

I reckon later on in May.
  • DaftnDirectDaftnDirect Posts: 4,785 Valuable Player
    May 1st 5:00pm UK time
    Intel 5820K OC@4Ghz, Titan X (Maxwell), 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v1903 (18362.239)
    The Oculus Quest will be released during F8. Not sure when that is now. 1st May?

The Rift S will be revealed at F8 and released during Oculus Connect 6 this year.

Remember, the Snowdog is right 99.9% of the time B)
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Yes, perhaps, but I've made LOADS of predictions that have gone right that aren't viewable on this forum.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :o :D

• RichooalRichooal Posts: 1,063
    Wintermute
    Ideas on a postcard please.

Just to make it clearer for the rest of the world............

i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - 0 PROBLEMS
  • hoppingbunny123hoppingbunny123 Posts: 455
    Nexus 6
    may or june i think, before the summer movies.
  • Shadowmask72Shadowmask72 Posts: 3,560 Valuable Player
    RedRizla said:
    Looking at the title of the thread I thought you had the date. It got me all excited for a second  :)

I reckon later on in May.
    FTFY.

• Shadowmask72Shadowmask72 Posts: 3,560 Valuable Player
    edited March 9
    Well when this arrives I believe my Rift will officially become obsolete and put away back in its box. The Pimax 8K and Quest combo will do it for me until the Rift S releases. However, if the Rift S is too similar to the Rift then it's likely I'll skip the S.

I'll post some Pimax 8K impressions next week. Not had much time to play with it due to other commitments but last night Elite Dangerous before bed was pretty special.

Can't wait to hear your impressions, particularly regarding Elite Dangerous!

• Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 1,906 Valuable Player
    Back on topic the Quest is still just a mobile product. It won’t be as powerful as the rift. The games won’t be same. They will be ports and not every game will be ported. 
  • KlodsBrikKlodsBrik Posts: 1,184
    Wintermute
    Haven´t yet watched it myself, but thought I would post it anyways:

Be good, die great !
  • CongratsulationsCongratsulations Posts: 104
    Art3mis
    Wait till GDC, we will more than likely find out more details then?