New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Unable to confirm your oculus account error.

shadsvilleshadsville Posts: 11
NerveGear
After the update i now get the error message in oculus home.

Unable to confirm your oculus account.Please check your internet connection or restart the software.

Restarting does nothing.

Odd thing is i am signed in on the pc screen i can also see my apps etc in the headset but can't explore my home as it times out and i get the error message.   :/

Comments

• shadsvilleshadsville Posts: 11
    NerveGear
    Started working again about 10pm..
  • RudalplRudalpl Posts: 38
    Brain Burst
    edited January 20
    I had the same problem just. Was signed up on my PC and could launch games and apps but still had this error displayed but it finally logged me in after few minutes.
  • morsifymorsify Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    Just wondering, why does it have to connect to an account every time? I had this error as well but only lasted a few minutes. But what if the error continued for longer? Would my Rift still run my games?
    And on same subject, if I disconnect from internet, is it still possible to use the rift and play all my games?
  • chalkgsychalkgsy Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    SAME I am getting the same error and also am unable to add ANY payment methods in the store.  Do we know if this is all tied in to some issues they are having?
  • OculusSupportOculusSupport Posts: 128 Oculus Staff

Hey chalkgsy, if you haven't already, please check to see if you're able to add a payment method on our web site here https://secure.oculus.com/my/payment-methods . Try different web browsers as well to see if there is any difference. If you're still having issues, please create a support ticket at https://support.oculus.com so we can look into this for you. Thanks! -Rick

• MAC_MAN86MAC_MAN86 Posts: 1,333
    3Jane
    edited January 21
    Just installed Rift on new DELL XPS8930 and got through the demos after setup. I'm halfway through downloading E:D and I get this error. Restarting Oculus works and then it stops in VR yet again. My PayPal details have not altered and it simply DirectDebits from the Bank so there's no card details to update.
    -----------------
    EDIT: working again after about 10mins ;)
  • AussieStigAussieStig Posts: 224
    Art3mis
    Have this issue all of a sudden. Never had this error before will see if it solves itself.
  • lensmandavelensmandave Posts: 127
    Art3mis
    Getting it too since the update yesterday...never had this for the past two years. 
    Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz. Asus-Z170-PRO MB
    CORSAIR H105 HYDRO CPU COOLER.
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080ti. 16GB DDR4 2666MHZ HYPERX SAVAGE.
    SAMSUNG M.2 SSD 128GB SM951 Boot Drive. SAMSUNG SSD 500GB EVO Working Drive.
    Windows 10  64bit Professional
  • keithmkeithm Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Suddenly this morning too.
    Art3mis
    edited March 13
    Guess it's them and not us at least, restarting the app manually does absolutely nothing. Notice as well, I cant restart the Oculus from the Beta page on the desktop app either. It just closes the app and that's it.
  • JoeyMarcusJoeyMarcus Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    I'm getting it too.  Just re-hooked everything up after moving and I thought it had something to do with that..  You never know...   Guess I'll wait and see if it fixes itself. 
  • Epona0000Epona0000 Posts: 20
    NerveGear
    Here too -- also having issues with jittery video, even though i have a RTX 2080 (via an external HP Omen Accelerator Shell GA1-1000) . reinstalled the video drivers, and uninstalled/reinstalled oculus. Not sure if it's something *I* did, or if it's a windows or Oculus issue... very frustrating...(I'm easily frustrated I guess)  :(
  • misterX-misterX- Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Yup, same problem here as well - except that it hasn't fixed itself... Tried restarting the Oculus app, rebooted the PC, even did the entire "Repair" (re-install) option from the App setup. Disabling the firewall doesn't help either.
    Just upgraded and re-installed my computer with Windows 10, so I thought it might have been something on my end - until I found this thread...   Oculus, plz fix?   :/
  • JoeyMarcusJoeyMarcus Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    edited March 13
    Update - looks like Apple is out too.  Imessage isn't available.   Has something to do with the verizon network.  https://downdetector.com/status/verizon/map/

NerveGear
    it must the be the Chaos Monkeys...
  • RalleDRalleD Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I'm getting it too.
  • EllenodaleEllenodale Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    edited March 14
    I received the same error about half an hour ago, asking me to check my internet connection. Connection is fine. As of about five minutes ago, I am able to do most things without a problem, but my home refuses to appear. I get black hands when I try to access home, with no wrist menu.

7:30 EDT am still unable to access my home and the store.
    3/14/2019 logged on this morning...everything is working properly now.  Joy!
  • BabomancerBabomancer Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Same problem, and my hands turn grey when I open the overlay menu. 
    Art3mis
    Seems that it goes ok for a little while and then someone hits the wrong button at Oculus and hey presto, another issue to contend with. It is making it hard for me as a consultant to advise clients to purchase an Oculus when there is almost no extended periods of software stability to speak of. 
    NerveGear
    Seems that it goes ok for a little while and then someone hits the wrong button at Oculus and hey presto, another issue to contend with. It is making it hard for me as a consultant to advise clients to purchase an Oculus when there is almost no extended periods of software stability to speak of. 
    I wouldn't worry about extended software stability, when Windows is the primary pillar.  Oculus seems to certainly be more stable, well, as stable as any hardware/software out there.
  • buzzclicksbuzzclicks Posts: 3
    NerveGear
     :'(
  • letchadanletchadan Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Anyone get any news about that problem?
  • Madmatt2525Madmatt2525 Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    Been happening to me all day as well. I opened a support ticket as I am unable to install any new apps and when I play anything in my Library I get the popup that my account isn't confirmed. Very annoying and frustrating, especially because there has been no comment from Oculus so far.
  • ravon4455ravon4455 Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    yeah me too im in the uk as well internet is fine did go down last night im on vodafone broadband that went down last night thought it was a bill payment thing wasn't that i called them  as soon as i logged into oculus home i get that notification like so many others how do these bloody hackers hack facebook aint they got fekin protection for this i assume they havent  id like to stiring them up by the balls fuckers lol hope thay sort it out  soon
    Art3mis
    Epona0000 said:
    I wouldn't worry about extended software stability, when Windows is the primary pillar.  Oculus seems to certainly be more stable, well, as stable as any hardware/software out there.
    At least with Windows, and I am definitely not a fan, you can opt out of updates in most cases. Oculus gives you no such option. Basically we as owners, are at the mercy of their decisions when it comes to releasing updates.