New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Derail Valley

vfrhawkvfrhawk Posts: 82
Hiro Protagonist
I see this is out in early access on Steam.  Am at work so haven't picked it up yet, though I will ASAP.

Anyone got it yet?  Have any thoughts?
Tagged:

Comments

• RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 1,756 Valuable Player
    edited January 25
    It's also available in the Oculus Store  - I'm not a great fan of train simulators, I think I'll pass for now:

https://www.oculus.com/experiences/rift/1364142430316562
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz boost, 11 Ghz ram); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Oculus Rift CV1 - nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"
  • vfrhawkvfrhawk Posts: 82
    Hiro Protagonist
    Cheers Rune, hadn't seen it on the store.  Just bought it as had some store credit left.
  • Lt.LoonyLt.Loony Posts: 12
    NerveGear
    I only played the demo and loved it. Im no train enthousiast, but do love all cockpit games in VR.
    The options in the full game seem amazing so far and cant wait to get my hands on it!
    If you are even a little bit into trains this is a must buy. If not, you can wait for some patches as it is still quite rough.
  • ChazmeisterChazmeister Posts: 534
    Neo
    Tim Stone over on RPS has done a good write up of this, playing in 2D though, but it'll still give you a good idea of the game at present, as it plays very similarly in 2D.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2019/02/01/derail-valley-early-access-impressions-review/
    Hiro Protagonist
    Have to say I'm absolutely loving it so far, and the latest patch is supposed to fix one of the remaining frustrations - you have to drive everywhere slowly to avoid derailing.  If that's fixed (I haven't had a chance to try it yet) then I can see this being one of the games I spend a lot of time in VR in.
  • i4110peteri4110peter Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    Just got the game. Figuring things out. Can't seem to get the cars to couple. Follow directions. Get in range, push the couple button, display changes but nothing else. Thanks in advance. A lot different than ATS and XPlane (my favorites).

Hiro Protagonist
    Maybe a stupid question, but there are 2 buttons if memory serves, one couples, one decouples.  You are pushing the correct one?
  • i4110peteri4110peter Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    Got it figured out.