New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Nvidia driver issues

Nate10eNate10e Posts: 1
NerveGear
edited January 27 in General
I'm having issues accessing my oculus. I tried installing an EGPU with an AMD card on my laptop that already had a Nvidea gtx 1060 card, thinking that it might take a bit of strain off my laptop (it heats up quite a bit in vr). But for some reason the graphics drivers got messed up and now I can't use my rift because the oculus app says that I'm having driver issues. I've tried reinstalling the drivers a few times now (including port drivers and other related intel drivers) but it still wont work. Does anyone have a fix for this?

Comments

• GATOxVoSGATOxVoS Posts: 440
    Trinity
    You need to make sure to install the drivers from your Laptop manufacturer's website, as those are the only ones that have been "officially" tested to work.

Although laptop manufacturers say they have a "GTX 1060" or other dedicated video card in their product, there's no telling how they actually hooked the chip up to the system (could be completely separate, such as in desktop PC's; could be integrated into the motherboard). Usually you can just install the latest drivers from AMD or nVidia, but every now and then you can run into a situation where the laptop's wiring just doesn't play well with the drivers. 
    PC Specs:
    Intel i7-6700k @ 4.5 Ghz
    Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 3 Motherboard
    RTX 2080 Ti - MSI VENTUS
    16 GB CAS-10 RAM @ 2400 MHz
    Startech 4-port/4-USB controller add-on card
    850W Corsair HX850 PSU
    4-Sensor, Roomscale Setup