New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Can someone convert this file to GLB for me please?

Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 1,769 Valuable Player
edited January 27 in Off-Topic
I would like to use this model in home.  Both as a good sized ship for the space environment and one for a shelf....maybe bread box sized.

Here is the file.  It is in max format.  Some textures had to be separate due to size constraints.

Comments

• Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 1,769 Valuable Player
    Can anyone do this?
  • RichooalRichooal Posts: 987
    3Jane
    Not me, but I'm curious about where the robot fits in. (rob64-2.png)
    i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - 0 PROBLEMS
    I’m guessing that he’s the pilot. 
  • falken76falken76 Posts: 2,703 Valuable Player
    Sorry, I don't have 3dsmax anymore.  I have Solidworks but it's from 2016, I don't think I can save as GLB, later versions might though....

• Hiro_Protag0nistHiro_Protag0nist Posts: 4,628 Valuable Player
    edited January 29
    It's the pilot.

I can save to a lot of formats but not GLB, sorry.  Well, what software can do that?

I have Max 2019 but don't see GLB as an export...
    edited January 29
    The OBJ file imported much nicer    :)

Awesome. Can you find a way for me to grab it and make it into the two sizes requested?  
    Digikid1 said:
    Awesome. Can you find a way for me to grab it and make it into the two sizes requested?  

As i said, i can't export from that software shown but i believe you can do what you want at the link i gave above.
    edited January 29
    I tried but that requires a FBX file....a format that I do not have.
    Ah ok, sorry.  Just had a go, no idea what this looks like.  I tried to load it into Windows 3d Builder but it failed.
    You can load it into Paint 3d and it looks very nice actually.  The one texture i couldn't find/correct was the Starfox name on the sides.
    The OBJ file imported much nicer    :)

What program did you use for this?
    I tried paint3d and again it didn’t load any textures. Quite weird. Plus it took five minutes just to load the file. Thought it crashed. LOL
    edited January 30
    Very weird, takes 6 seconds to load here and this is what it looks like:

The other software i'm using further up is Visionary Render.  It isn't cheap.
    Maybe a plugin that I don’t have?  What are the exact steps your doing to open it?
    edited January 30
    Extract the file.  Search paint 3d in Windows search - choose the trusted microsoft store app one when it comes up.

Choose open/Browse files then choose starfox.glb.  

I can't imagine you are doing anything else?

Version:

Anyway... at first i thought you were going to 3d print these for your home.  I've read the first post again and realise you are going to put them in "Home" lol

I haven't done anything like this yet - didn't even realise we could!

So, have you tried that yet?  If that works i'll try and clean the model up - change the opacity of the cockpit windshield so you can see through it.  I know how to do it in my software but not in 3ds max for the glb file.  I thought it didn't matter because it was just going to be a black plastic model.
    Anyone else?
  • LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 6,705 Volunteer Moderator
    How big do you want it?
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)
    I am aiming for two versions. One big enough so that I can put it on the space environment so that it looks realistic.....so maybe couch sized.  One as big as the badic monitor for display on a shelf. 

Thanks 
    This was the most annoying model in the world, clearly converted from a game asset, so messy!

Had to:
    • Clean up some of the mesh (still needs work but I would need to spend more time on it)
    • Regenerate normals + flip
    • Convert DDS to PNG and colour correct as values were inverted
    • Convert all materials to PBR (since there was no roughness map I extrapolated what I feel is the best material, it has a slight shiny/metallic surface)
    • Added an emissive map for all the little lights so they glow
    • Generated an ambient occlusion map so that it plays nice with lighting in the home

Had to delete the cockpit and just made it black cloudy glass as the geometry was too messed up.

Made 4 versions, one HUGE one for outside ... make sure you are standing on the edge of your baclony and facing outward when opening that one up!

Other 3 are various small sizes, wasn't sure what shelf you wanted to use.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7o9q8k1vsb7dko3/ship.zip?dl=0

Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

I could probably get the Starfox lettering on there, the only issue is that those faces have incorrect UV mapping, would have to strip them out, and then paint the Starfox texture directly on the other texture into a single file. 

Also could paint in the little red bits at the ends of the weapons like in this image, I assume this is the model that has been ripped:

Could do that at some point towards the end of the week when I have more time.

edited February 18
    I fixed the geometry in the landing bays at front and back and also added lighting in there, reduced the shininess as it was a bit too plasticky.

Some more sizes too

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6iuwf54c2g6l0ca/ship_v2.zip?dl=0

Thanks so much!!!  I thought that the Starfox Logo would be part of the textures but I guess they left it off for some reason.
    Digikid1 said:
    Thanks so much!!!  I thought that the Starfox Logo would be part of the textures but I guess they left it off for some reason.
    It was on 2 separate polygons on top of the mesh, but those were mapped incorrectly in the OBJ file so I removed them. (max file is a garbled mess). I can stick the text on top of the texture it'self but the main body is actually 1 piece mirrored so the text would be correct on one side, but would be the wrong direction on the other. 

I could assign it a different map altogether (one for each side) but that will take some time :)  might do it at some point if I have the time 

And ure welcome :)