New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Sensor Setup problem

DeadplouDeadplou Posts: 3
NerveGear
edited January 28 in Support
I've already had some setup problems in the past i got over them, the thing is that my headset cable broke recently, so i got another one, and when i went on setup it showed "green marks" on all of my cables (headset, HDMI, sensor 1 and 2), but when i click "next" to the sensor setup page a message pops up saying "general hardware error", but when i check my "devices" tab on the oculus software it tells me that all of the sensors are connected. 
P.S. I waited a little bit during when the message popped up and on the back ground it looks like the sensors are fully connected.

Comments

• DeadplouDeadplou Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    edited January 28
    Here are the screenshots
  • GATOxVoSGATOxVoS Posts: 439
    Trinity
    Quick fix to try:
    1. Different USB ports for all the devices (sensors and HMD; move sensors to your mobo USB's if you have an add-on card for USB ports)
    2. Re-Setup your Oculus HMD from the start (by either resetting the software itself, or just trying to set up the Rift system from the start).

Longer attempts at fixes:
    1. try just setting up 1 sensor and the HMD (no touch controllers; might have to get a gamepad or the Rift remote). If it works, try again with the other sensor. If it fails, try again with the other sensor anyways to see if it was the first sensor's issue.
    2. reinstall sensor drivers/reinstall headset drivers
    3. reinstall Oculus software

Even longer attempts:
    1. Contact Oculus support here and prepare your log files for them too (you should actually do this ASAP so you can get a response ASAP).

PC Specs:
    Intel i7-6700k @ 4.5 Ghz
    Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 3 Motherboard
    RTX 2080 Ti - MSI VENTUS
    16 GB CAS-10 RAM @ 2400 MHz
    Startech 4-port/4-USB controller add-on card
    850W Corsair HX850 PSU
    4-Sensor, Roomscale Setup