New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Research Study

spaceghostsspaceghosts Posts: 1
NerveGear
edited January 30 in General
Has any one else received an email about taking part in a research study? This is the email I received and I'm not sure if its a scam or not.

Thank you for your interest in research with Oculus! Below are important details for the study you will be participating in. Please review entirely and reply to confirm your participation in the study. 

To prepare for the study:

• You will need to sign Non-Disclosure Agreement for your participation in the study.
    • You will receive a separate email from Adobe Echo Sign prompting you to review the Non-Disclosure Agreement and provide your electronic signature (you do not need to print this out). The email sender is from [email protected]This must be completed prior to the study.
  • Five minutes before your session time, please be sure to be in front of your computer connected to high-speed internet and with your webcam ready to go.

When:

• [removed] 
  • You will be speaking with our Oculus Researcher, [removed].
  • Your session will be hosted online via [removed]. Please copy & paste this link [removed] to your web browser to access your session.

Other useful information:

• As thanks for participating, you will receive a $150 Oculus User Research e-Rewards (redeemable for a selection of electronic gift cards through [removed]). 
    • You can expect the reward to be emailed to you at this address within 2-3 business days of your completed session and will come directly from r[removed].
    • If you have any issues with redeeming your reward, please contact [removed] for assistance.
  • Oculus takes your privacy very seriously and will never use any of your information for purposes other than research.

Please feel free to email me or call at [removed] if you have any questions. Or contact [removed]

Thank you,

[removed]

Tagged:

Comments

• OculusSupportOculusSupport Posts: 134 Oculus Staff
    Hey spaceghosts! I double checked for you and this is indeed a legit research opportunity. We're looking forward to your input! I also edited out the contact info from your original post, just to make sure we're not getting contacted by folks who are not part of the research study this time around. Thank you for reaching out! 
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 5,848 Valuable Player
    Dear Oculus, I didn't get an email about Oculus Research. Fuck you, I'm buying a Vive and I REALLY mean it this time!!! :o :D :D :D :D
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever