cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help!

Anonymous
Not applicable
So I bought my buddy a new oculus rift, and we tried plugging it into his PC everything was good up until the setup said to put on headset to finish setup, so he put it on and it showed nothing, just a blank screen with a second of audio then it cut off.. the wierd thing is, is that I lent him my PC that runs my oculus rift perfect.. and still nothing.. it gets up to the headset setup and still darkness.. but when he brought his oculus over to my place to see if it worked, it did! So him and I are baffled.. we tried everything under the sun and still nothing.. our PC's are up to the recommended standards btw. Has anyone encountered this crazy error?? Any help would be great thank you in advance
3 REPLIES 3

KlodsBrik
Expert Trustee
He´s prolly using a laptop that´s "VR ready", or just meets the specs to run rift?
Unfortunately not the same as oculus ready ....
Search the forum for the blank screen or just look through posts in support ... Thousand posts in here about that ...
There might be a fix for it.
Be good, die great !

Richooal
Consultant
Please post your specs. It's amazing how many people say that their PC is up to "recommended standards".
Quite often it ends up being a laptop or not even meeting minimum specs.

Did you go here............
https://support.oculus.com/1773584749575567/
......... to download the compatibility checker?

i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

Anonymous
Not applicable
The thing was is that it worked on a laptop I used for it before, we played it and witnessed it run good.. then he brought the laptop to his place and set it up, but his oculus says everything connected but when he puts on the vr to finish setup it dosemt show anything.. but it worked on my vr.. that's where we are puzzled