cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New subnautica sub zero ... VR dropped.

bigmike20vt
Visionary
A real shame that imo. Whilst subnautica VR was flakey it was fantastic despite that imo. I hope this is not a reflection on the state of vr.
Lots of folk on the steam discussion. Board asking them to reconsider
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂
62 REPLIES 62

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well I won't be buying it then. No VR no buy.

The first one must have sold pretty well too because you always see it being recommended by people (including my good self) on Reddit.

Digikid1
Consultant
I’m with Snowdog. No VR....no purchase. Pure and simple. 

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
Absolutely stupid to have VR for the first one and then drop it. Surley it wouldn't have taken them long to add VR with the knowledge they had to add it to the first one. I won't be buying it either with no VR..

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
I will. Playing Subno in VR makes me sick 😉

i5 9600k @4.5GHz; 16GB DDR4 3200; 6xSSD; RTX2080ti; Gigabyte Z390D Mobo
Rift CV1; Index; Quest; Quest 2

PhoenixSpyder
Rising Star
Yup, no VR...no buy. There has to be an extremely compelling reason for me to buy a pancake game now. And this one just doesn't have it...yet!!!!

i7 8700k; 5ghz (water cooled), Asus Rog Strix Z370-E Gaming, Corsair 270R case, EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra, 32 GB Corsair Veng DDR4 2666 Ghz, Adata SX900 SSD, 1TB M.2 SSD, Adata Su800 SSD, Adata SU650 SSD, BarraCuda 2TB HD, Toshiba 3tB HD, Rift (dead), Rift S, Win 10 Pro 2004, Inateck KT4006 USB3.0

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

Digikid1
Consultant
I will be contacting Neebs from Neebs Gaming on YouTube and will be PLEADING him to make another hilarious series based on this.  Just like he did with the first Subnatica. 

bigmike20vt
Visionary
I agree with (most) folk here. Going backwards back to flat screen ain't gonna cut it for me.....
But the comment on neebs is.spot on. In only half way in but that is quality entertainment and so well done. I have watched less enjoyable TV shows than that
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
I'm sure it's a money thing. Unless a studio gets funding from Oculus/Facebook, then that studio probably won't yield high profits due to the issue with global sales of PCVR. The numbers still aren't high enough yet. Not to mention all the motion sickness problems experienced by this type of game. This problem makes it even harder to generate sales.

Besides, this release is nowhere near ready for prime time:

Below Zero is full of bugs, runs poorly, and includes only a
small portion of our planned
features.

https://unknownworlds.com/subnautica/subnautica-below-zero/