New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus Go 2?

chittar87chittar87 Posts: 2
NerveGear
Hello, I had been to Best Buy the other day. I was thinking of purchasing Oculus Go. But the rep mentioned that a new and more powerful version of Oculus Go (version 2) would be available in Spring of 2019 and told me it was better to wait. Today, I had been to BestBuy for some other reason and I asked another rep. He mentioned that there was no plans to release the next version of Oculus Go and the only product that he was aware of being released next was a standalone version of Oculus Rift. Does anyone have any ideas about the releases of Oculus products this year? 
Tagged:

Comments

• RichooalRichooal Posts: 841
    3Jane
    Here you go ....................

https://www.oculus.com/blog/introducing-oculus-quest-our-first-6dof-all-in-one-vr-system-launching-spring-2019/

Who would have thought that you could get this info from the Oculus website?
    i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - 0 PROBLEMS
  • Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 1,583 Valuable Player
    It’s not an Oculus Go 2....it is something MUCH MUCH more. It’s called the Oculus Quest. 

Best to wait on that as well at least until late summer.  Just to let the issues get sorted out. 

• chittar87chittar87 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    @Richooal
    Thanks! I am new to oculus and I was searching for strings like "oculus go 2" etc and they did not turn up good results. I did go through the site but I am not very familiar with the various products and much information is embedded deep within the site. So, I thought of taking a short route by asking the experts here.

@Digikid1
      Thanks for your input.