New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Rift 1.35 PTC Release Notes

OculusSupportOculusSupport Posts: 345 Oculus Staff
edited February 7 in Oculus Rift S and Rift

Home:

• Custom Home Support: You now have the ability to import your own Home geometry as a replacement for the standard “cabin” geometry. Just like importing your own custom items, you can place a .glb file in your My Imports\Custom Homes folder and use that object as a template for brand new Homes! We've also implemented new ambient audio tracks to apply to your custom Homes, as well as a lighting panel to adjust the interior and exterior lighting (depending on which types your space implements). Full documentation of this feature is coming soon.
DASH:
  • Resolved a Dash issue impacting memory clock speed on NVIDIA cards.
  • Various performance improvements and additional bug fixes.

If you encounter any issues with this PTC software release, please be sure to report them using the Help Center > Provide Feedback option within the Oculus desktop software. Any and all feature or enhancement requests should be left on our UserVoice page. Thanks for your continued help!

Comments

• motorsepmotorsep Posts: 1,420 Oculus Start Member
    Sweet!
  • MAC_MAN86MAC_MAN86 Posts: 2,262
    Wintermute
    Why not just add a Media Player to this Media Device? You added a watch at least.
  • kojackkojack Posts: 5,537 Volunteer Moderator
    Yay, finally custom home geometry.
    I might have to dig out some of my game reverse engineering projects. I could port a System Shock 2 level to it. :)

• nroskonrosko Posts: 954
    Neo
    This should be really great, maybe time to learn 3d. What are the limitations for doing this?
  • LuluViBritanniaLuluViBritannia Posts: 464
    Trinity
    Aww, now that's interesting! Then again, not everyone will have the knowledge and patience to create and import new homes.... I hope Oculus thought about that.

For the rest, I would like to know more about performances as well. How well does it run compared to the latest update?
    Current VR results imo:
    - Great small apps. Great ports of bigger games.
    - Great VR-specific features. Not enough showcased!!!
    - Too many actors in the industry, the market is totally broken.

My hopes for VR next gen:

- Better ratio between visual quality and power needs. No more godrays and less SDE.
    - Full Body Tracking.

"If you don't mind, do you want me to take you there? Where dreams come true."
  • MPiresMPires Posts: 121
    Art3mis
    I've tried all afternoon to get into the dash but I always encounter the same error:

• GATOxVoSGATOxVoS Posts: 440
    Trinity
    motorsep said:
    I would be nice to have a Marketplace for custom "homes" and accessories.
    I think you just revealed part of Facebook's long-term financial strategy for the platform. 
    PC Specs:
    Intel i7-6700k @ 4.5 Ghz
    Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 3 Motherboard
    RTX 2080 Ti - MSI VENTUS
    16 GB CAS-10 RAM @ 2400 MHz
    Startech 4-port/4-USB controller add-on card
    850W Corsair HX850 PSU
    4-Sensor, Roomscale Setup
  • james.swanickjames.swanick Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    edited February 5
    I've had a Unity-OVR project built from Unity 2017 working fine since november. After the 1.35 update today, all machines we've tried to run this project on show a black screen on startup. The audio for the app starts; we can hear the menu sounds, but no video. Any idea what's up?

Update: opted out of the PTC and it's not working in 1.34 either
  • james.swanickjames.swanick Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    I've had a Unity-OVR project built from 2018.2 working fine since november. After the 1.35 update today, all machines we've tried to run this project on show a black screen on startup. The audio for the app starts; we can hear the menu sounds, but no video. Any idea what's up?
    by the way, all other apps work normally. It isn't an HDMI issue :(
  • TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 1,383
    Project 2501
    MPires said:
    I've tried all afternoon to get into the dash but I always encounter the same error:

You have a cv1 with touch controllers and Win10 right?  If so, maybe try going into win10 task manager services tab and right click on OvrService - Oculus - VR runtime service and click on restart.  Then try again to open your Oculus Desktop app.  Otherwise, try a new download/repair.  Otherwise, contact Oculus support.  Good luck and I hope you manage to resolve this problem.

Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti (from my old AGA), 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, Asus VG248QE 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors. Vive Cosmos, currently work in progress.

• MPiresMPires Posts: 121
    Art3mis
    TomCgcmfc said:
    MPires said:

You have a cv1 with touch controllers and Win10 right?  If so, maybe try going into win10 task manager services tab and right click on OvrService - Oculus - VR runtime service and click on restart.  Then try again to open your Oculus Desktop app.  Otherwise, try a new download/repair.  Otherwise, contact Oculus support.  Good luck and I hope you manage to resolve this problem.
    No, I have the initial CV1, only with 1 sensor and no touch.
    It was impossible to reverse the situation, I even tried the "repair" twice but it always gave error. I had to reinstall everything again. It was working on version 1.34. Let's see how long ...
  • RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 3,483 Valuable Player
    So no one has installed 1.35 PTC yet and checked for the underclocking issue?

I just found out that when I patch a game, then the patching gets higher download priority than the Oculus Update. So I've started to patch 20 games - which is taking so much time that I'm still using 1.33  :D - And plan to do so for quite some time  o:) 

"If it works don't fix it"  B)
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"
  • yefim88yefim88 Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    edited February 10
    I also think that I will continue to use version 1.33 as it still works well

The new Nvidia 418.81 driver didn't seem to affect the video card underclocking issue:

"Does not fix the 500mhz video memory downclock when running oculus"
    Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/anlx9c/new_nvidia_driver_41881_released_feb_4_2019/

But that dude probably is still running 1.34.... The fix probably should come from Oculus... 

Maybe this thread will contain some interesting posts - later:

https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/anox4r/so_after_update_135_and_41881_nvidia_drivers_do/

Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

• IlMissile95IlMissile95 Posts: 10
    NerveGear
    Now livestream on Facebook work for me, BUT! The desktop task don't work now :(
  • GeekyGamiGeekyGami Posts: 105
    Art3mis
    Dash's stuttering issues are entirely gone, and it's back to running at 6% CPU!
    Still uses 1 gig of  RAM at start, but then goes down to 880 megs. Much more acceptable than before.
    In fact, it is downright usable, I'm actually  happy to have it loaded now!

Thanks for listening.

(Typed in Dash)
  • daws72daws72 Posts: 14
    NerveGear
    To me, it looks the gpu memory memory downclock it's fixed in ptc 1.35  :) 
  • TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 1,383
    Project 2501
    daws72 said:
    Does anyone know for sure?  Thanks.

Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti (from my old AGA), 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, Asus VG248QE 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors. Vive Cosmos, currently work in progress.

• TaomynTaomyn Posts: 32
    Brain Burst
    daws72 said:
    Not for me, had to re-apply the "fix" after the update of the latest nVidia drivers
    ---
    AMD Ryzen 7 2700X CPU | Asus RoG Strix X470-I Gaming Motherboard | Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB DDR4-3200 RAM | MSI GTX 1070Ti Gaming 8G GPU | Corsair Force MP500 M.2 120GB SSD | Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SDD | Corsair H100i v2 Cooler | Corsair 250D Case | Corsair RMx 750 80+ Gold PSU

Taomyn said:
    daws72 said:
    Not for me, had to re-apply the "fix" after the update of the latest nVidia drivers

So 1.36 is the new hope B) ... Luckily I've got tons of games to patch, it'll be 2020 before I get rid of 1.33!  :#

• ShowbizDonkeyShowbizDonkey Posts: 121 Oculus Staff
    Taomyn said:
    daws72 said:
    From what I understand, the Dash issue impacting memory clock speed should have been resolved in the latest update to the PTC. This PTC update rolled out yesterday. I'm curious to know when you tested to see if the issue is still impacting you. If you didn't test as of recently as yesterday after receiving an Oculus software update, could you please give that another look?

I'd also love to hear from anyone else who was experiencing this issue on 1.34 to see if the latest PTC update did in fact resolve it for you. As only one person has confirmed a fix and one person has said it's still an issue, I'd love to get a larger sample size from the community on this. Thanks in advance, all!
  • daws72daws72 Posts: 14
    NerveGear
    Taomyn said:
    I've tested also on my second pc. 
    Revert fix in nvidia inspector, applaing default value on P2 power state, check in 1.34, gpu memory downclock.
    Switch to PTC 1.35, memory is now fully clocked.
    daws72 said:
    Taomyn said:
    I've tested also on my second pc. 
    Revert fix in nvidia inspector, applaing default value on P2 power state, check in 1.34, gpu memory downclock.
    Switch to PTC 1.35, memory is now fully clocked.
    Image result for youre the man

• GATOxVoSGATOxVoS Posts: 440
    Trinity
    PTC 1.35 fixed the memory downclock issue for me too.
    Also just installed the nVidia 418.81 drivers, but I don't think that should make a difference.
    PC Specs:
    Intel i7-6700k @ 4.5 Ghz
    Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 3 Motherboard
    RTX 2080 Ti - MSI VENTUS
    16 GB CAS-10 RAM @ 2400 MHz
    Startech 4-port/4-USB controller add-on card
    850W Corsair HX850 PSU
    4-Sensor, Roomscale Setup
  • TaomynTaomyn Posts: 32
    Brain Burst
    From what I understand, the Dash issue impacting memory clock speed should have been resolved in the latest update to the PTC. This PTC update rolled out yesterday. I'm curious to know when you tested to see if the issue is still impacting you. If you didn't test as of recently as yesterday after receiving an Oculus software update, could you please give that another look?

I'd also love to hear from anyone else who was experiencing this issue on 1.34 to see if the latest PTC update did in fact resolve it for you. As only one person has confirmed a fix and one person has said it's still an issue, I'd love to get a larger sample size from the community on this. Thanks in advance, all!
    I received a second update to 1.35 3hrs ago, the one before was also 1.35 shows as 2 days ago and just tested - like daws2 I reverted the "fix" tried again and now the memory clock stays put now. Even after a reboot. Thank-you very much.

---
    AMD Ryzen 7 2700X CPU | Asus RoG Strix X470-I Gaming Motherboard | Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB DDR4-3200 RAM | MSI GTX 1070Ti Gaming 8G GPU | Corsair Force MP500 M.2 120GB SSD | Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SDD | Corsair H100i v2 Cooler | Corsair 250D Case | Corsair RMx 750 80+ Gold PSU

• dburnedburne Posts: 2,720 Valuable Player
    Taomyn said:
    daws72 said:

Just updated to 1.35.
    The issue is fixed for me also, thanks!!
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case| Rift S | Quest |
  • RichooalRichooal Posts: 1,147
    Wintermute

Awesome to hear! Thanks for the quick replies everyone! We'll go ahead and update the release notes to call out that this issue has been resolved with 1.35.

Providing feedback in the Release Notes is ( I think) unprecedented. If you keep that up, more people will give you feedback.
    i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - 0 PROBLEMS