FIXED: Oculus Browser crashed after visiting Twitter feed video, trying to close the tab — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

FIXED: Oculus Browser crashed after visiting Twitter feed video, trying to close the tab

MediaBaronMediaBaron Posts: 4
NerveGear
edited February 12 in Oculus Go

I cannot close that browser tab. The browser keeps crashing. I get the box hat says the close the browser app. I do, restart the browser and still can’t clear the issue. I’ve tried it several times. The only workaround I found was to turn-off WiFi, launch the Oculus Browser app and very quickly close all tabs. Seems to be some kind of bug with the script used to play the video. This problem is easily repeatable even though I restarted my Go twice. I did submit a ticket to Oculus but was wondering if anyone else has seen this happen.

Note that the video plays fine, that's not the issue. The issue is closing the tab of the browser.

This is fixed with the recent Oculus Browser update.

Comments

• MediaBaronMediaBaron Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    This has been resolved with the Oculus Browser update the past week. Nothing else worked to fix this, rebooting the Go, not running other apps ahead of time, etc. At least now it's fixed.