cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Quest Cross Buy

JonJonXD
Expert Protege
I really hope that the Quest offers up a cross buy system for those of us that have already invested a ton of money into our Rift game libraries.

I will honestly buy a Quest day one if the games I buy that are cross platform are honored on both.

I do want to check out the Quest, but it's hard for me to essentially double dip in software.
PC Specs

AMD Ryzen 7 @ 3.9ghz 1.35v w/ Noctua NH-D15 SE AM4 Edition

ASUS STRIX X370-F GAMING Motherboard

Power Color Red Dragon RX 580 8GB

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x 8GB) DDR4 3200

Samsung 960 EVO 500GB NVME

2x4TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs

Corsair RM850X

Be Quiet Silent Base 800

LG 29UM60-P Ultra Wide 2560x1080 Monitor

Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum Keyboard

Logitech G903 Mouse

Oculus Rift CV1 w/ 3 Sensors + Earphones

39 REPLIES 39

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
It will likely be cross-buy with GO:

Just stick to Quest exclusives (like Vader Immortal) and you'll be fine. Anything PCVR worthy will be on Rift anyway.

Anonymous
Not applicable
There will also probably have a solution to "stream" PCVR games into the Oculus Quest, like ALVR:

https://github.com/polygraphene/ALVR

If they manage to do it, we could access the Rift library with the Quest. Honestly, this will be the one factor that will make me decide to buy the Quest or not. I already know Virtual Desktop will officially work with the Quest (the dev is already working on it), so I'm already half-convinced that I'll buy this headset anyway xD.

JonJonXD
Expert Protege

There will also probably have a solution to "stream" PCVR games into the Oculus Quest, like ALVR:

https://github.com/polygraphene/ALVR

If they manage to do it, we could access the Rift library with the Quest. Honestly, this will be the one factor that will make me decide to buy the Quest or not. I already know Virtual Desktop will officially work with the Quest (the dev is already working on it), so I'm already half-convinced that I'll buy this headset anyway xD.

If this is the case then I'd consider it as well.

I love the idea of just taking this with minimal setup into an empty room and just jumping into the game. I also am pretty over being tethered as I haven't had that much luck with ceiling hooks that don't get caught.
PC Specs

AMD Ryzen 7 @ 3.9ghz 1.35v w/ Noctua NH-D15 SE AM4 Edition

ASUS STRIX X370-F GAMING Motherboard

Power Color Red Dragon RX 580 8GB

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x 8GB) DDR4 3200

Samsung 960 EVO 500GB NVME

2x4TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs

Corsair RM850X

Be Quiet Silent Base 800

LG 29UM60-P Ultra Wide 2560x1080 Monitor

Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum Keyboard

Logitech G903 Mouse

Oculus Rift CV1 w/ 3 Sensors + Earphones

Anonymous
Not applicable
I feel you, buddy ^^.
For me, it's the increase in resolution and the different lenses that is appealing. I mean, I am tolerant about resolution, but as we keep hearing about new headsets with more pixels, now I kinda want that too xD!

Bad_Mr_Frosty
Honored Guest
https://uploadvr.com/oculus-quest-go-cross-buy-possible/ 

I’ll pass on the quest. I have so many apps for the Go. I won’t buy them twice

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Unfortunate that it won't be Cross-Buy, however I'm more interested in the Quest Exclusives anyway. Plus the mobile aspect of Quest with Touch Controllers is too alluring for my goals in VR for the Enterprise.

ten_six
Explorer
No cross-buy = no buy. i was going to get Quest day one but to have to then rebuy my existing Rift library for it? That's a cheap shot to your early adopters, Oculus

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Uh oh, I see a trend starting!

CrashFu
Consultant
Is there anything stopping them from at least offering Bundles in the store, that include different platforms' versions of the same game?  All Oculus devices use the same Oculus Account, after all, and with the way Oculus store bundles work that'd at least mean getting an automatic discount when buying something on multiple platforms  (if any given game's developers have agreed to have those bundles available in the first place)

Seems like a bad business choice not to, right?  I mean, I have to imagine that most people will never bother getting more than one version of a game, when they could instead buy two completely different games with that money.  With a discount, some might actually be tempted, for whatever reason.
It's hard being the voice of reason when you're surrounded by unreasonable people.