New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

USB Disconnect Sound every couple of mins

ZX_RetroGamerZX_RetroGamer Posts: 1
NerveGear
edited February 8 in Support
Got my new rift a couple of days ago.. I noticed my PC making those usb disconnect sounds as often as every couple of mins. Went into Event Viewer and the error shows Process C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-runtime\OVRServer_x64.exe (process ID:4128) reset policy scheme from {8c5e7fda-e8bf-4a96-9a85-a6e23a8c635c} to {8c5e7fda-e8bf-4a96-9a85-a6e23a8c635c}

It has just calmed down now. last one was 20mins ago. I've been swapping usb ports around, and disabling the option to allow computer to power down this device in all my USB controller settings in Device Manager.  I did previously have a rift on the same hardware (Asrock Z270 Extreme4, 1080ti 16gb ram)  but i gave my old rift to my son a few months back, and because i actually missed it, i bought myself a new one last week. The old one may of made the occasional disconnect sound, but nothing like this one does.

The rift seems to work fine.. just annoying to have that disconnect sound and that error in Event Viewer every couple of mins.