New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Updating games

VinceMcVinceMc Posts: 6
NerveGear
I have both Echo VR and Elite dangerous, but can't play them because the updates wont install.
I download the update, it says it's installing update. Then it just goes back to pending..
Help!!!

Answers

• skepticalbelievrskepticalbelievr Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    Im also having this issue. I sent in a ticket and heard nothing back (that was a couple of weeks ago) 
  • VinceMcVinceMc Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    3 weeks I've been trying..Same as you no reply for my ticket...Clearly ignoring problems is a facebook corp fix for it.
  • RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 1,772 Valuable Player
    If nothing else works - would it be possible to delete and then reinstall without losing (very) important save games and more? 

Or a long shot - try to delete the game's content in the Staging folder if there's any, and then try to patch again.
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz boost, 11 Ghz ram); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Oculus Rift CV1 - nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"
    NerveGear
    Saved games not really a big deal.
     I'll give that a try thanks..
    Just annoying having to do that.
    NerveGear
    Staging folder is empty and as far as I can see, the only way to uninstall the games is to delete all the oculus software and reinstall it..What a farce.

• RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 1,772 Valuable Player
    edited February 16
    VinceMc said:
    Staging folder is empty and as far as I can see, the only way to uninstall the games is to delete all the oculus software and reinstall it..What a farce.

Can't you just uninstall a game using the Oculus desktop app? That should work - at least I've done it many times and never experienced any problems. Staging folder only contains copies of games you're about to update/patch. 
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz boost, 11 Ghz ram); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Oculus Rift CV1 - nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"
  • LeeighLeeigh Posts: 25
    Brain Burst
    No fix for this yet? - just uninstall everything? Poor kinda show guys.
    NerveGear
    No fix, No reply and no interest from them....I've lost interest myself and couldn't care less about the games.
  • MAC_MAN86MAC_MAN86 Posts: 1,455
    3Jane
    edited April 12
    This is just ridiculous how long this issue has carried on for. Years!!!
    This very issue demands it's own STICKY as there are way too many and I remember one User had a fix using redirecting the Juncture. I'm struggling to find it but it needed CMD Prompt with Admin Priv Raised.

Vitual Desktop reports it is a AV program blocking installation but I tried disabling it just as Oculus was installed with it OFF. They don't even bother to do that in the SETUP procedure! 

If I sign out/in then more Games Appear to need installing again although those can be!
  • FaikeyFaikey Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I had this issue I guess windows decided I didn't have permissions to save to my default location anymore. I had to find a random folder where I had permissions and make it my new save folder. Don't know why this happened.
    3Jane
    I tried once more and Set the Default Location and then Restart PC and it completed 3 Games. 
    I tried to move one, RIPCOIL, and it wouldn't find a starter file (not the exe). I can't Uninstall it or nothing anymore with that, same for LUCKY'S TALE (2 games I used to experiment with as I care not for them).
    So now I still have 2 Games I can't Install (one was manually deleted and won't Download back, the other was Uninstalled by menu and can't!)
    VIRTUAL DESKTOP still will not Download and Update and says it's a AV blocking it yet had AV=OFF.
    I have 3 Games now on my C: Drive I really do not want there as the SDD will need space to move it's files around as they do!
    Access Permissions have been lost for the Games Drive, probably by an SSD Crash I had whilst my PC Booted by UEFI and needed to Restart Boot by auto for my Legacy PCIE Music DAW Card. It now does Restarts as normal but any Cold Boot will do the 1min BlackSOD waiting for it to perform it's own Legacy Boot (we can't set BIOS to do this due to Drives are over 2TB limit!) - It's a Windows bodge ;)
    To test moving the Files back to Games Drive meant Stopping Oculus Services so I could delete the "_oaf" folder. It failed to start RIPCOIL so I won't do any others.
    Perhaps the MBR needs fixing. Once it wasn't even allowing files to be deleted.
    NerveGear
    It's a joke.If I want to update a game, I have to un-install it first? On top of that, if I am playing and want to leave a game to play another one, I have to re-start the PC because Oculus says I'm still in an app..
    With all the resources they have, they can't get the simple things right, then ignore any requests for support.
    3Jane
    The actual solution is somewhere on this forum to redirect Junctures via CMD Prompt with Raised Admin Rights. It's really a Windows Issue but some DEVs let the back door wide open for this. Many of them are the free Oculus games!
  • SJD1969SJD1969 Posts: 19
    NerveGear
    edited April 16
    Same problem here. Oculus support are sincerely trying to help but problem remains.

Tried disabling antivirus and firewall. Tried Oculus setup repair. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game. None of these solves the issues of certain game updates stuck in "Pending" (AltVR and Xing)..

MAC_MAN86, can you please give us a link to the solution you mention? A search of the forums came up with nada.