New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Updating games

VinceMcVinceMc Posts: 4
NerveGear
I have both Echo VR and Elite dangerous, but can't play them because the updates wont install.
I download the update, it says it's installing update. Then it just goes back to pending..
Help!!!

Answers

• skepticalbelievrskepticalbelievr Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    Im also having this issue. I sent in a ticket and heard nothing back (that was a couple of weeks ago) 
  • VinceMcVinceMc Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    3 weeks I've been trying..Same as you no reply for my ticket...Clearly ignoring problems is a facebook corp fix for it.
  • RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 1,307
    Project 2501
    If nothing else works - would it be possible to delete and then reinstall without losing (very) important save games and more? 

Or a long shot - try to delete the game's content in the Staging folder if there's any, and then try to patch again.
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz boost, 11 Ghz ram); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Oculus Rift CV1 - nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR" ;-)
    NerveGear
    Saved games not really a big deal.
     I'll give that a try thanks..
    Just annoying having to do that.
    NerveGear
    Staging folder is empty and as far as I can see, the only way to uninstall the games is to delete all the oculus software and reinstall it..What a farce.

• RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 1,307
    Project 2501
    edited February 16
    VinceMc said:
    Staging folder is empty and as far as I can see, the only way to uninstall the games is to delete all the oculus software and reinstall it..What a farce.

Can't you just uninstall a game using the Oculus desktop app? That should work - at least I've done it many times and never experienced any problems. Staging folder only contains copies of games you're about to update/patch. 
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz boost, 11 Ghz ram); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Oculus Rift CV1 - nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR" ;-)