cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating games

VinceMc
Explorer
I have both Echo VR and Elite dangerous, but can't play them because the updates wont install.
I download the update, it says it's installing update. Then it just goes back to pending..
Help!!!
14 REPLIES 14

skepticalbeliev
Explorer
Im also having this issue. I sent in a ticket and heard nothing back (that was a couple of weeks ago) 

VinceMc
Explorer
3 weeks I've been trying..Same as you no reply for my ticket...Clearly ignoring problems is a facebook corp fix for it.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
If nothing else works - would it be possible to delete and then reinstall without losing (very) important save games and more? 

Or a long shot - try to delete the game's content in the Staging folder if there's any, and then try to patch again.

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

VinceMc
Explorer
Saved games not really a big deal.
 I'll give that a try thanks..
Just annoying having to do that.

VinceMc
Explorer
Staging folder is empty and as far as I can see, the only way to uninstall the games is to delete all the oculus software and reinstall it..What a farce.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

VinceMc said:

Staging folder is empty and as far as I can see, the only way to uninstall the games is to delete all the oculus software and reinstall it..What a farce.

Can't you just uninstall a game using the Oculus desktop app? That should work - at least I've done it many times and never experienced any problems. Staging folder only contains copies of games you're about to update/patch. 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Disisme
Protege
No fix for this yet? - just uninstall everything? Poor kinda show guys.

VinceMc
Explorer
No fix, No reply and no interest from them....I've lost interest myself and couldn't care less about the games.

Anonymous
Not applicable
This is just ridiculous how long this issue has carried on for. Years!!!
This very issue demands it's own STICKY as there are way too many and I remember one User had a fix using redirecting the Juncture. I'm struggling to find it but it needed CMD Prompt with Admin Priv Raised.

Vitual Desktop reports it is a AV program blocking installation but I tried disabling it just as Oculus was installed with it OFF. They don't even bother to do that in the SETUP procedure! 

If I sign out/in then more Games Appear to need installing again although those can be!