New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

GP Bikes - VR

XTRMLNXTRMLN Posts: 3
NerveGear
So I have a game on my desktop that I know works with Oculus Rift.  I have seen many videos and it looks cool.  I have two desktop icons. One is standard. One is VR.  However when I start it on the desktop it doesn't go to the Oculus.  Right now all I can do is start it from my virtual desktop but then it is just on the big screen and not actual VR.  How do I get the program into Oculus so I can start it like the other "Oculus" games I have bought.  Do I need to move certain files into a certain area of the Oculus folder? I'm no cp whiz and really could use some help.  I had the game before I had the Oculus so maybe some of the folders they would have placed at installation I need to place now that I have the Oculus???? Help plz.

Comments

• MAC_MAN86MAC_MAN86 Posts: 1,219
    Neo
    edited February 9
    Just sounds like the start in VR is loading the desktop exe. Try delete the start icon. then start the VR manually and it may then appear in your Library in VR.
  • RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 5,179 Valuable Player
    edited February 10
    You have to place the GP bike VR dll file in your GP Bike game folder. Well you did when I played it years ago, but it might be different now.

• XTRMLNXTRMLN Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Hmm. That didn't work  Red.  Thanks for the advice but they must have changed something.  Found the vr.dll but it didn't do anything moving it to the gp bikes folder.  This is a major bummer as this game is the only reason I bought the Oculus!
  • XTRMLNXTRMLN Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    I take that back Red I the openvr.dll.  Holy crap best gaming experience ever!  When I moved the bad one out and the vr.dll in it worked.  Thanks a bunch man!
  • RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 5,179 Valuable Player
    edited February 10
    @XTRMLN - Did you go into Oculus Home, settings, General and turn the switch on for unknown sources? This allows you to play other games and apps that are not on the Oculus Store.

If that is already switched on then maybe you should join their forum and ask if they can help. I've heard they are a friendly bunch, so they should help out. Let us know how you get on because I might give this game another go in VR.

http://forum.piboso.com/