Rift 1.35 Release Rolling Out Now — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Rift 1.35 Release Rolling Out Now

OculusSupportOculusSupport Posts: 291 Oculus Staff
edited February 12 in Oculus Rift S and Rift
Home:
  • Custom Home Support: You now have the ability to import your own Home geometry as a replacement for the standard “cabin” geometry. Just like importing your own custom items, you can place a .glb file in your My Imports\Custom Homes folder and use that object as a template for brand new Homes! We've also implemented new ambient audio tracks to apply to your custom Homes, as well as a lighting panel to adjust the interior and exterior lighting (depending on which types your space implements). Full documentation of this feature is coming soon.
Dash:
  • Resolved a Dash issue impacting memory clock speed on NVIDIA cards.
  • Various performance improvements and additional bug fixes.

We always love to hear your feedback! As a reminder, please be sure to post any feature or enhancement requests you may have on our UserVoice page. Thanks for your continued help!

Comments

• GeekyGamiGeekyGami Posts: 105
    Art3mis
    Alright then, thought I'd let you know Dash is back to acting really oddly. I'm seeing if overwriting this version with the PTC one fixes anything. If it does, we know it's not because I need to reinstall.
    Art3mis
    Well I could certainly attempt to test, if the previous version of Dash would actually launch. I don't see why it wouldn't, it's almost identical... Except it runs well.

Looks to me like some changes were made right after the last PTC without being tested.
  • TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 1,081
    Wintermute
    edited February 13
    Ya, I think I found that after the 1.34 final release update I needed to opt out of the PTC and after that, do a Repair.  This time, since I actually rolled back to 1.34 and opted out of the PTC, I'll just wait for the 1.35 final to roll out on my PC.

I guess if you are in a hurry to update from 1.34 (no PTC) right now you could just run a Repair.
    Alienware 17r4 Laptop with i7-7700hq 2.8/3.6, 32 gb ram, gtx1060 w/6gb ram, 256gb ssd, 1tb hdd, Oculus Rift w/2x sensors.  Now using an Alienware Graphics Amplifier (AGA) with Zotac gtx1080ti Blower and Asus vg248qe 144hz external monitor.  All works great!
    Art3mis
    This isn't an issue simply repairing fixes.
    I've tried multiple times on 1.34, and the issue never went away.

Update to 1.35 during PTC
    Works flawlessly

Update to public version, back to running like molasses and using 23% CPU, when it used 6% before
    Wintermute
    edited February 13
    Geek, so you’ve already tried a Repair?

I guess you could send Oculus suppprt your log files and see if they can help.  

EDIT;  I just tried running Repair in order to speed up the update process and this ended up keeping me at 1.34 (which is running fine btw).  So I guess Oculus has not yet updated its Download files to 1.35 yet.  If I have not got an auto update by tomorrow I'll try again.  I guess I could have opted back into the PTC but after hearing Geek's problems I though I'd better not do this.
    Alienware 17r4 Laptop with i7-7700hq 2.8/3.6, 32 gb ram, gtx1060 w/6gb ram, 256gb ssd, 1tb hdd, Oculus Rift w/2x sensors.  Now using an Alienware Graphics Amplifier (AGA) with Zotac gtx1080ti Blower and Asus vg248qe 144hz external monitor.  All works great!
  • denododenodo Posts: 12
    NerveGear
    Mine won't update? Gets to 51% and stops. Tells me to try again later?
    Wintermute
    denodo said:
    Mine won't update? Gets to 51% and stops. Tells me to try again later?
    Make  sure you do not have anything running in the background and maybe temporary turn off your virus checker.  Also make sure your headset is properly connected.

Try again and if it is still a problem contact Oculus suppprt and start a ticket.  Good luck sorting this out.
  • KeljuKelju Posts: 15
    NerveGear
    Getting serious tracking issues with this build. First tought it was nvidia drivers as i updated them to latest as well, rolled back nvidia and the issue remains. noticed much higher cpu usage with this build, which might cause the tracking issues. If this is not a bug, and just how things are from now on, my gaming is over :'(
    Really dont know why this cpu usage is that much higher tough. where are these extra resources used???
    Wintermute
    Kelju said:
    Getting serious tracking issues with this build. First tought it was nvidia drivers as i updated them to latest as well, rolled back nvidia and the issue remains. noticed much higher cpu usage with this build, which might cause the tracking issues. If this is not a bug, and just how things are from now on, my gaming is over :'(
    Really dont know why this cpu usage is that much higher tough. where are these extra resources used???
    Maybe opt out of the PTC.  Then download and run Repair. This should go back to 1.34 (or at least it did for me a few hours ago).  Then wait for 1.35 to be rolled out to you.  Sounds like there may be a few issues with the PTC version right now.

Otherwise, contact Oculus support and start a ticket.
    NerveGear
    Haven't been on PTC. These problems started when Oculus updated to 1.35 stable. Doing oculus repair atm. Hopefully this was just a glitch in the update. we'll see...
    NerveGear
    Did the repair. At first i tought it didnt help, well IT didnt. Then checked my sensors setup and boundaries with guardian boundary editor and noticed that my boundaries were waayy off. Did sensor setup again and VOILA! everything works now. Still the cpu usage is higher than before, but at least that wasnt the issue causing the tracking issues. Sooo relieved!!!

• MAC_MAN86MAC_MAN86 Posts: 2,262
    Wintermute
    It must be updating on a zone basis. Nothing in UK yet.
    Wintermute
    MAC_MAN86 said:
    It must be updating on a zone basis. Nothing in UK yet.
    So, nothing to whinge about yet eh?  Just kidding, lol!
    Wintermute
    edited February 14
    Just give what some of us actually want - a switch for NO HOME.
    and ability to INSTALL/RUN on any platform we own as a PC should!
  • YoLolo69YoLolo69 Posts: 1,111
    Wintermute
    edited February 14
    MAC_MAN86 said:
    Just give what some of us actually want - a switch for NO HOME.
    and ability to INSTALL/RUN on any platform we own as a PC should!
    Does the Custom Home Support don't resolve the former? We will probably see quickly artist creating some nearly empty Home, or one looking like the Old Home you loved?

For the second point I don't understand your request...

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

I7 3770K OC 4.6GHz, GTX1080 OC 10%, 16GB DDR3 2448  OC, Oculus Rift CV1

Wintermute
    "and ability to INSTALL/RUN on any platform we own as a PC should!" meaning we should NOT have to be listed on their exclusive ONLY ALLOWED LIST for CPU and GPU. Proof of this list being there is evident in my Xeon being blocked in 1.32 and also the new GTX2080 was too new to be on that list so it would not run for others who had it. We are NOT APPLE MAC. Having ran VR for over 3yrs easily I must add on my old Xeon, there was totally no good valid reason to block it!
  • YoLolo69YoLolo69 Posts: 1,111
    Wintermute
    "INSTALL" I agree, they could let you do what you want here. I doubt they assume the "RUN" part if they start to use opcode not managed by some old CPUs (Lone Echo do it AFAIK)... I would like personally that more devs use all skills our CPUs have for years (and mine is from 2012)...

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

I7 3770K OC 4.6GHz, GTX1080 OC 10%, 16GB DDR3 2448  OC, Oculus Rift CV1

• Spalman_ytSpalman_yt Posts: 17
    NerveGear
    I would love to try this, but I still am not able to visit other Homes for example, although the menu says I am running 1.35. Any Help? It is still like 1.33.
    Wintermute
    edited February 14
    OMG! Look, seriously Home is just crap! It takes 4secs to turn just 90degrees and even if using both Joysticks at once it is
    S L O W and I find that incredibly sick!
    Tried your 180turn and we can't then use move backwards! Worse still is both hands are the EXACT SAME so no way to set it for just 1 hand and both wrist straps have the exact usage too. All crap!
    Just make it like DOOM
    Make ECHO VR analogue movements with mixed axis like SPACE JUNKIES will be
    Don't continue crap!
    NerveGear
    Mac_man86 check your in box. send you solution to have the home to never load. enjoy the void ;)
    Wintermute
    Kelju said:
    Mac_man86 check your in box. send you solution to have the home to never load. enjoy the void ;)
    So, what's your solution?  Thanks.
    NerveGear
    edited February 14
    @ tomcgcmfc direct message send, check inbox. dont want to post that stuff here as these are forkings/hacks to original software, and THIS IS official oculus forum so they dont belong here.
    Wintermute
    Kelju said:
    @ tomcgcmfc direct message send, check inbox. dont want to post that stuff here as these are forkings/hacks to original software, and THIS IS official oculus forum so they dont belong here.
    Ya, that's just the very old Admin Hack that ended up causing some problems, esp. with Steam.  Some blank home environments like BigCube are starting to crop up in this thread;

https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/73506/looking-forward-to-new-feature-of-own-home-complete-bland-home#latest

I just tried this and it does seem to lower my cpu usage a few %.  Also, a little less lag between quitting an app and going back to home.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with 1.35.  Dash cpu % seems to be quite a bit lower.  I cannot say I have noticed any significant diff in performance with any of my high demand flight and racing simulators.  However, I have a half decent PC w/1080ti so that probably helps a bit as well.  My specs are on my signature.

Wintermute
    Kelju said:
    Yes I'll prefer Homeless option as I did before without any issues for me using Stream. It just needs that file replaced upon each update until they finally listen to USERS CRIES.
    Art3mis
    Alright, got an update today, Dash now  works properly, cheers!
  • BephottBephott Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Am I the onlyone who has stuttering since last update? And this time not caused by the two eyes not being in sync, but some weird ghosting, like the picture is duplicated, but only when I move my head. Without head movement it is perfect. Also when the oculus home app starts, my icons on the desktop are rearranged. What is this? I tried reinstalling and reinstalling nvidia driver too (earlier version to be shure). Help me! :smile:
    Wintermute
    Bephott said:
    Am I the onlyone who has stuttering since last update? And this time not caused by the two eyes not being in sync, but some weird ghosting, like the picture is duplicated, but only when I move my head. Without head movement it is perfect. Also when the oculus home app starts, my icons on the desktop are rearranged. What is this? I tried reinstalling and reinstalling nvidia driver too (earlier version to be shure). Help me! :smile:
    I do not have this problem with the latest 1.35 update and nvidia 417.35 driver.  I have read that others with similar problems that you seem to be having resolved this by re-doing their sensor setup.  You may also want to try diff sensor usb ports.  There is a free sensor checking app (sensors bound) on the Oculus store that is well worth trying out as well.  It is a good check on your sensor coverage;

https://www.oculus.com/experiences/rift/1682666568488584

Also, check that your headset cable has not come loose.

If all that does not help maybe download the Oculus Rift software and run a Repair.  If you still need more help I suggest you contact Oculus Support and start a ticket.  They are usually very helpful.  Good luck sorting this out mate.