New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

My oculus rift went black out frequestly

Hi, recently my oculus rift went black out frequestly (I'm using it for roughly 8h everyday). But position and rotation tracking seem to be working; it outputs what supporsed to be projected inside hmd to external display and I can see it's working properly. Someone knows why and how to fix it?

More detail info...
- It goes black out roughly twice in a day.
- As a temporary solution, I just restart PC, then usualy hmd starts working properly after that.

Thank you for your help.
Yuta

Answers

• OculusSupportOculusSupport Posts: 70 Oculus Staff
    Hi, recently my oculus rift went black out frequestly (I'm using it for roughly 8h everyday). But position and rotation tracking seem to be working; it outputs what supporsed to be projected inside hmd to external display and I can see it's working properly. Someone knows why and how to fix it?

More detail info...
    - It goes black out roughly twice in a day.
    - As a temporary solution, I just restart PC, then usualy hmd starts working properly after that.

Thank you for your help.
    Yuta

Hey Yuta, if you're getting intermittent black outs on your Rift headset, please make sure that your Rift HDMI cable is connected directly to your graphics card without any adapters and all connections are secure. Also, please check your USB power settings in the Windows Device Manager are not enabled. I also recommend testing to see if moving either the headset or cable seems to cause the issue. If you're still having issues, please contact support at https://support.oculus.com so we can help you out. Thanks! -Rick