New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

is there a way to disable standby mode?

i have noticed that when sitting insanely still for around 2-5 minutes the rift headset goes into standby mode turning off visuals but leaving audio running. nodding or moving the headset turns it back on but that gets irritating when you are watching a 1:30 hour movie. also the controllers dont trigger it to wake up either. perhaps make an option change how long it takes before turning off and add a warning that warns that changing the default timeout may result in lcd burn.

Answers

• TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 1,389
    Project 2501
    I’ve never noticed this.  Mine only goes into standby when take my headset off.  Maybe use device manager and make sure all your USB’s power saving option is disabled.

Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti (from my old AGA), 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, Asus VG248QE 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors. Vive Cosmos, currently work in progress.

• kojackkojack Posts: 5,542 Volunteer Moderator
    edited February 15
    There shouldn't be any motion based standby, it's all done by the IR proximity sensor just between and above the lenses.
    I can swing mine around by the headband and it near instantly goes to standby when the proximity sensor is unblocked.
  • dburnedburne Posts: 2,721 Valuable Player
    Yeah I have never seen this either and spend many hours a week in VR.
    I would open a Support Ticket with Oculus especially if it is still in warranty.
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case| Rift S | Quest |
  • TwoHedWlfTwoHedWlf Posts: 2,234 Valuable Player
    i have noticed that when sitting insanely still for around 2-5 minutes the rift headset goes into standby mode
    Have you tried sitting sanely still?
  • nemos_nightmarenemos_nightmare Posts: 9
    NerveGear
    Ya I watch movies very still and the Go goes to sleep in five minutes.  Fix this.