cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is there a way to disable standby mode?

KingSlothAU
Honored Guest
i have noticed that when sitting insanely still for around 2-5 minutes the rift headset goes into standby mode turning off visuals but leaving audio running. nodding or moving the headset turns it back on but that gets irritating when you are watching a 1:30 hour movie. also the controllers dont trigger it to wake up either. perhaps make an option change how long it takes before turning off and add a warning that warns that changing the default timeout may result in lcd burn.
5 REPLIES 5

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
I’ve never noticed this.  Mine only goes into standby when take my headset off.  Maybe use device manager and make sure all your USB’s power saving option is disabled.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

kojack
MVP
MVP
There shouldn't be any motion based standby, it's all done by the IR proximity sensor just between and above the lenses.
I can swing mine around by the headband and it near instantly goes to standby when the proximity sensor is unblocked.
Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah I have never seen this either and spend many hours a week in VR.
I would open a Support Ticket with Oculus especially if it is still in warranty.

TwoHedWlf
Expert Trustee

i have noticed that when sitting insanely still for around 2-5 minutes the rift headset goes into standby mode

Have you tried sitting sanely still?

nemos_nightmare
Explorer
Ya I watch movies very still and the Go goes to sleep in five minutes.  Fix this.