cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange PM...

RattyUK
Trustee
Anyone else here received a PM from a member who has no posts requesting you to contact them via their gmail account?

Just asking :wink:
PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3
17 REPLIES 17

I had the same PM, I was going to PM back asking what it's about but I definitely didn't intend to email.

It's likely someone harvesting email addresses or some form of scam.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Same. Nice of them to say hello. Goodbye 😉

MODs please investigate account: shane223

Digikid1
Consultant
Ditto here.  Got 3 of them.  Shane223.

@LZoltowski
@Techy111

Anonymous
Not applicable
I got one too. I told them to message me if they want to chat because I'm not in the habit of giving my email address to complete strangers. Got a reply saying to send them an email again.

I thought it might have been @vannagirl posing as competition to see if I was tempted to stray, but snowdogs are loyal beasts ❤️

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Got one too:

My name is Shaye Lynne, please kindly contact me through my Email 
(shayelynnehav225@gmail.com)
Thank you."

Googled it, similar messages have been sent before, also in other languages. I did not contact "Shaye Lynne", I think the name is fake. It seems like some person may want us to believe it's this person:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shaye_Lynne_Haver

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ha!!!

Confirmation that it IS @vannagirl testing my loyalty to her!

RattyUK
Trustee
I wasn't sure about 'naming and shaming' but yes, the very same person.  Scam I suppose :smile:
Anyone else on the forum would just use the PM system...
Thank folks!
PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Dealt with folks
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

LZoltowski
Champion
I didn't get a PM 😞 I feel left out.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂