New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

So many errors there's no concise way to title this. Can't install games though so uh, help please?

nawsterfeldnawsterfeld Posts: 1
NerveGear

I have an SSD and a HDD. The OculusSetup.exe is on the SSD and I'm fine with that because the bulk of memory will be taken up by the games that I put on the hard drive. Which has been working fine until now. For some reason when I go to install any games there it says, "The location path is not available. Please go to Settings > General > Library Locations to select a new path." which is absolute dog shit because I have 13 games on there right now that I can access and play still. Anyway, I bite the bullet and go to create a new location on the same drive and when I try to assign the location to this new directory I get, "Sorry, you can’t add this folder as a location because you don’t have permissions for that folder." which again, dog shit, I've allowed all "permissions" for every object type there is, including "Everyone"...

Only saving grace right now is that it does let me create a location on the SSD for some reason. From there I've tried copying that folder back over, which doesn't work, and I've tried downloading an app/game to it and then moving that app to my original default drive that has all the other games/apps on it, but of course just get the same stupid error that tells me the location path is not available. Like what? I really don't feel like taking this thing back, but I've only had it for 3 days and while I was loving it at first, this has been an absolute nightmare. And yes, the drive is formatted to "NTFS". Does anyone know of a fix? I've sunken way too much time into this and it's quite a shame.

Tagged:

Comments

• theryanharveytheryanharvey Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    I'm having the same problem. Any resolution?
  • MAC_MAN86MAC_MAN86 Posts: 2,262
    Wintermute
    edited April 23
    Same here for 5 programs. I will be trying creating New MS User Account and then using the copy settings over feature for all installed programs. I think there was a proper Repair method posted but is lost amongst many threads. It was about redirecting the juncture using CMD commands. Oculus should have this within the Repair Oculus Program as this is a major problem and start treating their own forum as a serious Support Site rather than community based shouts for "help!".
    @OculusSupport