New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Games crash every 5 minutes

Jommy_SwooshJommy_Swoosh Posts: 7
NerveGear
edited February 17 in Support
I can't really enjoy the games anymore, My online game keeps crashing and when I return to oculus home I see a screen that says:

"unable to communicate with the oculus servers please check your connection, restarting in [10, 9 , 8, etc] seconds"
Then it restarts and works for another 2 to 5 minutes and repeats this.

I've checked my connection and it works fine. It's just oculus that goes offline... There seems to be no thread about this issue online anywhere.  Please help me fix this

Comments

• TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 742
    3Jane
    Well, if there are no threads on this issue it probably is not a common problem.  Sounds like an internet connection problem but I cannot say for sure.  Could also be a firewall restriction, who knows?  If you play games that do not require internet access (most of them) in airplane mode (internet off) does this same thing happen?

In any case, it's probably best to contact Oculus Support and ask them to try to help you.
    Alienware 17r4 Laptop with i7-7700hq 2.8/3.6, 32 gb ram, gtx1060 w/6gb ram, 256gb ssd, 1tb hdd, Oculus Rift w/2x sensors.  Now using an Alienware Graphics Amplifier (AGA) with Zotac gtx1080ti Blower and Asus vg248qe 144hz external monitor.  All works great!
  • KNP54KNP54 Posts: 254
    Nexus 6
    Try this:

In the search box on the taskbar, type Command prompt, press and hold (or right-click) Command prompt, and then select Run as administrator > Yes.
        At the command prompt, run the following commands in the listed order, and then check to see if that fixes your connection problem:
            Type netsh winsock reset and press Enter.
            Type netsh int ip reset and press Enter.
            Type ipconfig /release and press Enter.
            Type ipconfig /renew and press Enter.
            Type ipconfig /flushdns and press Enter.

And reboot.

Let me know if this worked.
    Specs: i7-8086k @ 5.0 GHz all cores delidded, NZXT X52 cooler, 32GB G.Skill 3200MHz, ASRock Z370 Gaming-ITX/ac, Asus GTX 1080 Strix, Corsair SF600 platinum, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 1TB, Samgung 850 EVO 500GB + 840 EVO 500GB in raid0, Seagate Desktop HDD 4TB, Louqe Ghost S1, Asus PB287Q 3840x2160 @ 60Hz, Samsung SyncMaster 226BW 1680x1050 @ 60Hz. Oculus Rift CV1.