cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Browsers in Oculus Go freeze after about 5 minutes of streaming...... Example AAF overhead cam.

MtnDawg54
Explorer
The new AAF (Alliance of American Football) has a very cool feature on their web site during the games.    They broadcast the overhead web camera.  You can usually hear the stadium and the players on the field. 
Viewing in the Oculus Go is very cool.  Almost similar to watching NBA games in Oculus Venues.   Without the crowd option of course.
However every 5 minutes the browser in Oculus Go freezes and you get the website is unresponsive.  Takes about a minute before you can continue.     I also tried the Firefox Reality and Samsung browsers and same kind of issue.    Seems like they can't handle the streaming more than a few minutes.   Maybe it's a limit of the hardware but if this could be fixed, it would be great. 
The workaround is to use the browser on your pc and connect via Virtual Desktop.    That's not a bad workaround but my preference would be to use the Oculus Browser itself.    I would bet there are other scenarios with this problem beyond AAF overhead web cam for the Oculus Go browsers.
0 REPLIES 0