New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

The RR1 - What a Legend!

Hiro_Protag0nistHiro_Protag0nist Posts: 4,831 Valuable Player
Oculus co-founder Palmer Luckey – who left in 2017 – has released his own repair kit.   “I am doing this because I feel bad for people who bought a Rift from me and can’t use it properly anymore,” Luckey adds.

Dubbed the Rift Repair One (RR1) kit, Luckey aims to help those customers who have experienced the audio cutting out on one or both headphones due to the nature of the mechanism employed. Luckey explains via a blog post that: “long-term use of the Oculus Rift CV1 often leads to failure of important electrical paths in a specific ribbon cable that winds through the strap.”

Palmer isn’t handing these out free of charge to anyone who just wants one. You still need to contact customer services first and get a support ticket, plus he does advise: “In some cases, you might just need to clean some contacts, tighten the connection between your headphones and straps, or fix your PC’s sound settings.”

Should all of that not work then: “forward your ticket and a mailing address to [email protected], and I will send you an RR1 repair kit free of charge,” says Luckey.

Comments