cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When is Half life 2 VR coming out ???

ky4jw
Protege
They have been talking about it for years. Stop the talk.... Where is it at  ?
17 REPLIES 17

LZoltowski
Champion
It's up to Valve .. Valve have their own SteamVR to take care of, if it ever comes out I am betting it would be a SteamVR exclusive and might be aligned with their own HMD release 
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

GeekyGami
Adventurer
Actually, they're still working on it, it's on Reddit.
I'd recommend not acting so entitled to a project being worked on for free, mate.

ohgrant
Superstar
 When it's done I'm sure.  It will certainly be grand. It is the best and most compatible with old school 3D and VR gear. 
If you're too anxious to wait it out until they are happy with it, it's one of the few games that support direct VR with full geometric 3D with the Vorpx driver.  https://www.vorpx.com/
 I'm going to wait it out for the official mod before I play it again. I played it first on my Z800, then played it again a few years back with my DK2 and Vorpx.  I

Gigabyte  AB350 Ryzen 2700x, 32gb ddr 4 3200, 2080ti. HP Reverb G2, Index controllers, Quest 1 and 2x Quest 2. 65" 3DTV HD3D DLP projector.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
I take it you talking about the Half Life 2 mod? Well they are doing it for free so they can talk as long as they want and give it to us when it's ready. It's not costing us anything and they are not getting paid for their time. They are doing this for us nothing else and I'm happy about that. I don't read about it anymore, I'll just wait until it lands and be happy when it does. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hopefully this year some time I reckon...but then again I said that last year too 😄 😄 😄

Anonymous
Not applicable
Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus would be cool too 😉
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5okg6zHFq6I

bigmike20vt
Visionary

It's up to Valve .. Valve have their own SteamVR to take care of, if it ever comes out I am betting it would be a SteamVR exclusive and might be aligned with their own HMD release 

actually it isnt valve working on it, it is the same guy who made "mother" mod for alien isolation (nibre) and some others.

i dunno when it is coming but he posts now and then on twitter to say it is not dead.
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

falken76
Expert Consultant

ky4jw said:

They have been talking about it for years. Stop the talk.... Where is it at  ?

If it has a cost what is it?  If the game or mod is going to be free it's priority last and will probably never see the light of day.

falken76
Expert Consultant

actually it isnt valve working on it, it is the same guy who made "mother" mod for alien isolation (nibre) and some others.

i dunno when it is coming but he posts now and then on twitter to say it is not dead.

Oh wow, it'll take even longer then.  I thought this was a studio endeavor, but it's a one man show with no pay?  This will never come out.