cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When and if you play a flat screen game, anyone out there do it only in vr?

inovator
Consultant
I own oculus rift, go and Playstation vr. I love vr so much I thought I'd never play a flat screened game again. I only played flat screened games on Playstation. Even though vr takes 80% of my playtime I play god of war using as a screen my Playstation vr headset. 
To me the advantages are a huge screen and black surroundings add greatly to immersion. Much more so than without headset. Disadvantage is no HD hr or 4k visuals. I find the visuals still are very acceptable for me. Anyone else do this or am I one of the few. 
9 REPLIES 9

SAAM_i_AM
Honored Guest
Hell yes!! I play my non vr games in Bigscreen!! Its kicks ass

saami81
Rising Star
I play retro games with EmuVR or New retro arcade neon. With VR you can do crt emulation that just isnt possible with flat screen,

Both of those "games" are basically emulating old school crt within "real" environeNt"

inovator
Consultant
God of war would be so awesome in vr. But the huge screen with the isolation and it just being black all around u instead of a living room makes it the 2nd best thing.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
No, I play non VR games on flat screen. They look much better on my 42" TV then they do in Big screen. Yes you get a bigger screen, but a lot more blur in VR.

inovator
Consultant
On my  playstation vr there is some pixilation but very little blur 

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
@inovator - Are there any God Rays in the PS VR headset? Wish I'd got it when it was £179.99

inovator
Consultant
No god rays

Skysolstice
Honored Guest
There are no God rays on the Oculus Go either.  Moonlight and Go is amazing too.

OmegaM4N
Expert Trustee
No, vr games in vr only, and everything else on my 43in 4k HDR display, i love my VR but i could not sit with it on playing none vr games.
CV1/Vive-knuckles)/Dell Vr Visor/Go/Quest II/ PSVR.