Rift 1.36 PTC Release Notes - Page 2 — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Rift 1.36 PTC Release Notes

Comments

• kzintzikzintzi Posts: 1,068
    Wintermute
    that's the bunny :smile:

Thanks.
    Though you are more than slightly incoherent, I agree with you Madam,
    a plum is a terrible thing to do to a nostril.
  • WsterntimeWsterntime Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    edited February 25
    I have run into a few other people myself included where when you lock your room (Preferences-Edit-Lock/unlock) that everything in your room clears out and you are left with an empty room. Tonight I turned off the Beta test channel and received the current stable update. Restarted Oculus placed a few things in the room and everything worked fine. Glutton for punishment I turned the test channel back on, received the update, restarted Oculus, placed a few things locked the placement and everything stayed there. Went back a while later and the room was empty again. Anyone else having this issue? Sent a feedback report as I don't know how wide spread this is. BTW my other comment on the dash bar was just to let people know that it did happen after the update even though it was an easy fix.
  • Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 1,984 Valuable Player
    I have run into a few other people myself included where when you lock your room (Preferences-Edit-Lock/unlock) that everything in your room clears out and you are left with an empty room. Tonight I turned off the Beta test channel and received the current stable update. Restarted Oculus placed a few things in the room and everything worked fine. Glutton for punishment I turned the test channel back on, received the update, restarted Oculus, placed a few things locked the placement and everything stayed there. Went back a while later and the room was empty again. Anyone else having this issue? Sent a feedback report as I don't know how wide spread this is. BTW my other comment on the dash bar was just to let people know that it did happen after the update even though it was an easy fix.
    Sounds like what happened to me. Look in the support forum for my thread. 
  • WsterntimeWsterntime Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    Digikid1 said:
    Thanks for the reply, I have had no success in finding your thread. :(  
  • Epona0000Epona0000 Posts: 35
    Brain Burst
    Thmoas said:
    This update did something to my dashboard. The screen is still at the right level but the board that you select items from such as Explore, settings, home, social etc is so high in the air now I can not reach it. I restarted everything yet it is still the same. Worked fine before this update.
    You can grab it and move it down?

kzintzi said:
    Zenbane said:
    kzintzi said:
     @Zenbane, just added a portal to your home1.

very cool :smile:
    God help us all.

Just saw the Portal, it's awesome!

I cordially invite anyone to make a Portal to my Home. Fair warning, this is my most common greeting:

now all we need is more than 4 homes, and the ability to name them other than "Home#1/2/3/4".. I'm goingto sacrifice one of my homes to make it into a portal world or something; don't suppose anyone has a link to the doco on creating your own homes?
    Woohoo... Now where's the Tower of Grayskull! ;)
  • sford52sford52 Posts: 147
    Art3mis
    Digikid1 said:
    Thanks for the reply, I have had no success in finding your thread. :(  
    https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/73769/home-has-been-robbed
    ASUS ROG Strix GL702VS-AH73 17.3" Laptop.  I7-7700HQ, GTX1070, 12 GB DDR4 RAM, 500 EVO 970 GB SSD, VS 2017, Oculus rift, Windows 10 home
  • ElusiveMarlinElusiveMarlin Posts: 248
    Nexus 6
    One thing I've noticed, and it is really apparent when using the Theater Home template, is that when you move around the home, the HMD view flashes bright white during the "teleport" move and then redraws the new position.  This is very jarring as the bright light causes pupil dilation and it takes a few seconds to re-adjust to the view once it has redrawn. so if you move around a lot it is very stressful on the eyes.

This has actually been happening since day 1, but as the "old" rooms were bright, there was no issue.
    but as the Theater is very dark, it is now very noticeable.  is there a way to change the "in between position" colour to black?
    RIFT CV1
    RIFT S

Leeds, UK.

Intel Core i7 8700K 3.7GHz | RAM 32GB DDR4 2666MHz | GeForce GTX 1080 8GB |
    240GB SATA III SSD | 3TB HDD | 867Mbps Built-in Wi-Fi

"Behind every mask there is a face, and behind that a story...."
  • MAC_MAN86MAC_MAN86 Posts: 2,262
    Wintermute
    edited February 26
    I don't bother PTC nowadays - but I had just found myself into the VR STORE (I usually use Desktop Store) and it takes time to transition. At first I thought it was a new Classic Home! Anyways - as I have NO NEED to use a Home. I'd just much prefer to be able to use only the VR STORE as my default load. It pisses me off having shit load up that I do not wish to see.
    The VR STORE should be as an option instead to load always.

I've spent just 2 days in PokerStars and seriously, it's the best game out!
    It really should be the model for a socialable Home!
  • ScottTX420ScottTX420 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    I wish I could just turn off the home crap all together, it uses up memory and I'm sure hurts performance to some degree when gaming, in fact that's what I bought the rift for gaming, google vr you know actually doing vr stuff not messing around with some home and avatar crap that looks like it's for kids, no offense to anyone who uses it.  I don't mean to gripe so much but it bothers me the lack of options to optimize performance and turn off things you don't use.  Another one is no ability to disable screen mirroring to the desktop, even though oculus claims it doesn't hurt performance, I don't buy it, rendering to both the desktop and the rift at the same uses more power and could be one reason for intermittent black outs people get and of course degrades performance.  
  • Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 1,984 Valuable Player
    Or you can ...you know....turn the monitor off. 
  • dburnedburne Posts: 2,523 Valuable Player
    Not real fond of the warning one gets now if Touch Controllers are not activated.
    I play a lot of non Touch games, mainly combat flight sims - and when I put headset on and Home starts I always have a warning in Home  that no Touch Controllers detected which stays there unless I activate them.

For a while they were always staying on even when put away, now that they finally turned off I get this.
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case|
  • TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 1,159
    Wintermute
    edited February 28
    You only need to activate one touch controller to get rid of that message bar.

For games/sims that don’t use touch controllers just start them up from either your Oculus desktop app library or from a shortcut on your windows desktop.

Alienware 17r4 laptop, 7700hq 2.8/3.6 ghz, 32gb ram, 250gb ssd, 1tb hd, gtx1060 w/6gb ram, Oculus Rift VR, Now with Alienware Graphics Amplifier w/gtx1080ti and Asus VG248QE external monitor. 

Now moved onto a custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled), gtx 1080 ti (from my AGA), 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card.

edited February 28
    TomCgcmfc said:

For games/sims that don’t use touch controllers just start them up from either your Oculus desktop app library or from a shortcut on your windows desktop.
    Does not matter, I start up from desktop  and still get the warning hovering in front of me in Oculus Home if Touch controllers are off.
    This is new behavior.
    Yes I can activate a Touch controller and get rid of it, but oftentimes prefer them to just stay off to conserve battery when not using in my game.
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case|
    Wintermute
    dburne said:
    TomCgcmfc said:

Does not matter, I start up from desktop  and still get the warning hovering in front of me in Oculus Home if Touch controllers are off.
    This is new behavior.
    Yes I can activate a Touch controller and get rid of it, but oftentimes prefer them to just stay off to conserve battery when not using in my game.
    If you just start up your non-touch game/sim from your Oculus Desktop App library or from a shortcut) the game should start ok and you will not see that warning banner until you exit the game and go back into Your Oculus Home.

Alienware 17r4 laptop, 7700hq 2.8/3.6 ghz, 32gb ram, 250gb ssd, 1tb hd, gtx1060 w/6gb ram, Oculus Rift VR, Now with Alienware Graphics Amplifier w/gtx1080ti and Asus VG248QE external monitor. 

Now moved onto a custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled), gtx 1080 ti (from my AGA), 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card.

TomCgcmfc said:
    dburne said:
    TomCgcmfc said:

This is new behavior.
    If you just start up your non-touch game/sim from your Oculus Desktop App library or from a shortcut) the game should start ok and you will not see that warning banner until you exit the game and go back into Your Oculus Home.
    Yes correct that is not a problem.
    I just don't care for it always being there now in Oculus Home when my controllers are put away and not active. This is new behavior. 
    I know they are not active, I don't need Oculus Home shoving a message in my face that they are not and I should enable them.
    Don

Wintermute
    Not really sure why this bothers you?  It's not like you are using home without at least one controller active anyway.  At least that message means your controllers that you've put aside are actually off, lol!

TomCgcmfc said:
    Not really sure why this bothers you?  It's not like you are using home without at least one controller active anyway.  At least that message means your controllers that you've put aside are actually off, lol!
    Because it does...
    ;)
    Don

• Epona0000Epona0000 Posts: 35
    Brain Burst
    dburne said:
    TomCgcmfc said:

This is new behavior.
    I just invested in rechargeable batteries.. as it seems like i go through batteries pretty quick. I think it's more the buzzz' that drain the batteries.

On a separate vein, I still don't have a portal object in my inventory. Someone mentioned it's a rollout? Nice thing is now I can visit other homes (they show up now).
  • MAC_MAN86MAC_MAN86 Posts: 2,262
    Wintermute
    edited February 28
    I think it's not always but at times even though Touch are asleep, they are still reporting power via RF and so are draining battery life when not used. That is new just as reporting low life in Games even though they are asleep! My 1st was a warning then my 2nd was switching the focus out of my game (Elite whilst docking!!!)
  • RichooalRichooal Posts: 1,093
    Wintermute
    Strangely enough, the message about the Touch Controllers not being detected, doesn't really mean what it says. It should actually be changed to something like "No VR Input Device Detected".
    The message goes away if you "activate" the original Rift controller.
    i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - 0 PROBLEMS
    Wintermute
    edited February 28
    Yes, the message also turns off if you activate an Xbox controller.  Like you say it probably could be better worded.

Overall I think this message warning is useful although I do admit it initially bothered me, lol!

• Remmer_GRemmer_G Posts: 29
    Brain Burst
    Why are they wasting so much time and effort trying to create a crappier version of VRChat? Which is cross-platform and voluntary, like Home should be. 
  • AWOLMrWhiteAWOLMrWhite Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    For a few days now i could not Figure out y my oculus was shaking mad when playing games and consistently losing tracking and i cant move anything all together. it still dose this and now i find out the dam software was patch....... well theres my F%@$ing problem. idk what u guys did but it messed up my oculus. and dont give me that o u probely have poor tracking...... https://gyazo.com/206e797c6de1f3dde3e8168cd7062f32 good luck with that. every time theres a problem i think to redo setup for it as i mite of moved my sensor but nope thats not the problem. please fix this i love oculus and im always going to use it i just want to be able to have it functioning as it should be. and this change to my oculus performance happen over night as it was fine one day and then stopped working as intended.
  • AWOLMrWhiteAWOLMrWhite Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    also i forgot to mention in my last post..... the menu for oculus wont show up anymore when im in steam VR playing steam vr games.
    Wintermute
    awolmrmike, if this is a recent problem it might not be Oculus related.  It could be due to the latest Win10 cumulative update kb4482887.  Have a look at this thread for more info on this;

https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/73963/problem-with-latest-windows-10-2019-02-cumulative-update-kb4482887

• Fredd32Fredd32 Posts: 251
    Nexus 6
    Can we please have an option to permanently display floor boundaries using gaurdian? I recently used them for war dust in steam vr and it adds tons of confidence when playing a game that requires lots of quick movement and turning. 
  • NeokinNeokin Posts: 90
    Hiro Protagonist
    Fredd32 said:
    Can we please have an option to permanently display floor boundaries using gaurdian? I recently used them for war dust in steam vr and it adds tons of confidence when playing a game that requires lots of quick movement and turning. 
    You can already, it's in the Settings tab from the Dash bar.
  • Fredd32Fredd32 Posts: 251
    Nexus 6
    Neokin said:
    Fredd32 said:
    Neokin said:
    Fredd32 said:
    I should have been more specific. In steam VR you can have the floor outline permanently displayed but the walls do not pop up until you get close. This way, you can see where you are in the play area but do not have permanent wall boundaries breaking immersion. 
  • NeokinNeokin Posts: 90
    Hiro Protagonist
    @Fredd32 Sorry, I didn't read well too. Unfortunately, I don't think that's possible at the moment in Oculus Home.

It might be worth checking here https://oculus.uservoice.com/forums/918556-oculus-rift , to see if anyone already suggested that option. If not, you can submit it. This is the official website where Oculus read our suggestions.