Rubberbanding Locomotion — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Rubberbanding Locomotion

BetaRayBillyBetaRayBilly Posts: 2
NerveGear
So I'm quite new to VR development and working with the Oculus. In my project (Unity) I'm using Oculus Intergration from the Asset Store. In there is the Locomotion prefab that Im trying to use. It works but I've run in some problems I can't seem to solve. The first problem is that the Player seems to rubberband from time to time. When I try to teleport to a certain destination it moves back to a different location. Also a problem is that the teleport doesnt always work. If I push the thumbstick forward the laser shows up, but when I let go it doesn't teleport like it does usually. 

I hope someone can help me!

Comments

• TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 1,159
    Wintermute
    I've never seen this.  Maybe contact Oculus Support.

Alienware 17r4 laptop, 7700hq 2.8/3.6 ghz, 32gb ram, 250gb ssd, 1tb hd, gtx1060 w/6gb ram, Oculus Rift VR, Now with Alienware Graphics Amplifier w/gtx1080ti and Asus VG248QE external monitor. 

Now moved onto a custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled), gtx 1080 ti (from my AGA), 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card.

• LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 6,759 Volunteer Moderator
    Heya, you might have better luck asking developer questions in the developer section of the site as this is more of a consumer area.

https://forums.oculusvr.com/developer
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)