New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Home has been robbed!!!

Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 2,073 Valuable Player
Yeah this is weird.  I log into my Home last night and EVERYTHING is gone.  Just a blank slate......not even the furniture/rugs are there.  So I started over and remade it as best I could.

Any idea how this could have happened?

Comments

• ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 14,879 Valuable Player
    Yikes! I should log in and check mine!

I remember about a month ago, my Outer Space environment was only the Sun. All the planets were gone lol

They are back now though. Stoopid wormholes
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
  • Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 2,073 Valuable Player
    I made mine a bit more FPS friendly and changed to Cabin Mode but still it is quite an annoyance.  Just happened out of the blue for no reason whatsoever.  Quite weird.
  • kzintzikzintzi Posts: 1,068
    Wintermute
    Kids didn’t kill it? Mine did that till I gave them a home to break of their own. 
    Though you are more than slightly incoherent, I agree with you Madam,
    a plum is a terrible thing to do to a nostril.
    kzintzi said:
    Kids didn’t kill it? Mine did that till I gave them a home to break of their own. 
    Nope.  I live by myself and my pc is literally UNPLUGGED when I am not using it.
  • nalex66nalex66 Posts: 5,205 Volunteer Moderator
    edited February 2019
    A few days ago I logged into my home and several tables and chairs were missing. The objects that had been sitting on the tables were floating in mid-air.

Another time my new Brass Tactics objects failed to load, but switching to another home and back fixed it. 
    i7 5820K @ 4.25GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32GB | Corsair HX 750W
    SSDs: Intel 660p M.2 2TB, Samsung 860 Evo 1TB, 850 Evo 1TB, 840 Evo 1TB | Startech 4 controller PCIe USB 3.0
    Tried that. Didn’t work. 

Just checked my home. Everything is a-oh-kay
    That sucks but clearly shows that Oculus needs to add rocket launchers and automated machine gun turrets to the inventory to deter burglars. (maybe flame throwers too)
    Well I did add a turret from Portal....damn thing didn’t work!!!!
    So apparently this is happening to others as well. 
  • ElusiveMarlinElusiveMarlin Posts: 290
    Nexus 6
    Yeah, I have this happen to me,  spent a couple of hour "decorating" a room, only to have all the work dashed (No pun intended!),  when I re-loaded the session and all I had worked on was gone and all I had was an empty room!

I have also seem times when everything looks great. log off and back in, and then objects are all jumbled up and in different positions to where I left them, statues tipping over etc!.

Is the room info and item positions stored locally on my PC or on Oculus servers somewhere?

RIFT CV1
    RIFT S
    Leeds, UK.

Intel Core i7 7700K 3.7GHz | RAM 32GB DDR4 2666MHz | GeForce GTX 1080 8GB |

"Behind every mask there is a face, and behind that a story...."
  • nalex66nalex66 Posts: 5,205 Volunteer Moderator
    When I logged in on Sunday, the items that had disappeared were back. I looked over at a side table and noticed that there was some texture clash happening on the top surface, then I realized that there were two tables overlapped but slightly offset from each other. I looked around, and it was the same for every item that I had replaced. Had to go around and delete all the duplicates. 
    i7 5820K @ 4.25GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32GB | Corsair HX 750W
    SSDs: Intel 660p M.2 2TB, Samsung 860 Evo 1TB, 850 Evo 1TB, 840 Evo 1TB | Startech 4 controller PCIe USB 3.0
  • Epona0000Epona0000 Posts: 35
    Brain Burst
    Zenbane said:
    Yikes! I should log in and check mine!

I remember about a month ago, my Outer Space environment was only the Sun. All the planets were gone lol

They are back now though. Stoopid wormholes
    mine did that once too -- i thought maybe i'd hit the button to clear the space.  This happened about a week ago. Had to rebuild it... but it came out better anyway.
    i also had the outer space environment.. and the planets also disappeared.

maybe they migrated to someone else's environment.  Anyone here have more planets than they had before??
    Maybe they are interdimension. LOL
  • jayhawkjayhawk Posts: 824
    3Jane
    Weird. I logged in and all your stuff was in mine.
    It's finally happening IRL...