cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Undead Citadel - one of the most awesome VR games? The game has launched - 5 years in the making

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
0jvcghwy6wwy.jpg

I'm normally not easily excited (pun intended), but this game simply looks like a dream come true! Check out these trailers and the gameplay:

The game is expected in 2019. I've always been a great fan of Conan the Barbarian - maybe it's time to become Conan  😄

1j9b7l3e626w.jpg

From the Steam page: https://store.steampowered.com/app/819190/Undead_Citadel/

ABOUT THIS GAME

UNDEAD CITADEL is an action-packed title exclusively built for VR that relies on a hybrid physics-driven combat system which allows for unobtrusive close/ranged medieval skirmishes with real-life movements, all within a visually stunning fantasy universe threatened by undead annihilation.

FEATURES

• Innovative hybrid physics-based combat engine.

• Smash or cut your enemies down with over 40+ different close combat weapons with real-life movements: swords, axes, war hammers, maces, shields, longswords or even your own fists.

• Take the undead down with ranged weaponry like javelins, bow and arrows, or blow them up with powerful explosives.

• Engage against dozens of different close combat, ranged or heavily armored enemy types.

• Find and use slow motion, strength, invulnerability or freeze magic potions to mutate your power and obliterate the dead ones.

• Full-size campaign: find your way through a huge apocalyptic fantasy environment, with 10+ levels to explore, including exterior and interior scenery.

• Horde mode: Survive through endless armies of foes and reach the top leaderboards.

e86yisdemeq0.jpg

MATURE CONTENT DESCRIPTION

The developers describe the content like this: Contains violence, blood and gore, and strong language.

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

MINIMUM:

• Processor: Intel i3-6100 / AMD Ryzen 3 1200, FX4350 or greater
    • Memory: 8 GB RAM
    • Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 970 / AMD Radeon R9 290 or greater
    • DirectX: Version 11
    • Storage: 2 GB available space

0pxltyxbjn5q.jpg
smqt9dq71i18.jpg

The game supports Rift, I hope it'll be available in the Oculus Store (but haven't seen any confirmation so far). 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

49 REPLIES 49

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Real Life movements eh. Looks very scripted to me as if it's on rails. Hopefully it will have free movement and smooth  turning options. Aside from that, yeh looks pretty decent. 

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
I'm pretty sure it has full locomotion etc. Also I like this:

"Full-size campaign: find your way through a huge apocalyptic fantasy environment, with 10+ levels to explore, including exterior and interior scenery."

Maybe it's a good thing with PSVR support if that implies that the game will be quite polished and play smoothly in PCVR (just as long we get better textures o:) ) 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
The only problem I've got with VR games right now is I find the AI dumb most of the time. I would love to fight just one character if it meant that character would give me a good challenge in VR. While it all looks good swishing your sword around and shooting arrows, these Youtube clips make the enemy look rather easy to kill.

I'd love an arena type game where you fight characters with good fighting skills. Where I really had to defend myself and battle it out to the death and not just kill them with one swish of my sword. Would that be really hard to do? I've got know idea because I'm not a dev, but is it possible to make AI that clever?

The game does look good though, it looks much better then a lot of the games I've seen and I'll defiantly pick it up just for it's looks alone.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

RedRizla said:

I'd love an arena type game where you fight characters with good fighting skills. Where I really had to defend myself and battle it out to the death and not just kill them with one swish of my sword. Would that be really hard to do? I've got know idea because I'm not a dev, but is it possible to make AI that clever?

I believe designing great AI is one of the hardest things to do in a game - it's so much easier making dumb in-game enemies and opponents (or dead and lifeless levels with some puzzles). Gorn may have the worst ever AI, but seems to survive on a fun "the more the merrier" approach. Have you tried Blade and Sorcery? - I haven't, I'm not a great fan of early access, but it seems that the majority of users like the game - then again, not sure about the AI:

https://youtu.be/KyZDbWvRxZM

For sword fighting, I hope Shadow Legend will be awesome - also for the AI. Every one is using UE4 these days - we need a company developing awesome AI for enemies to be implemented in the games - and maybe prices could reflect in-game enemies' performance on a cognitive ladder much like this one  B)

Image result for idiot imbecile iq scale

Sadly, I'm not sure we've really moved on since the ReaperBots in Quake...  Those were the days  😉

https://youtu.be/iGF-Dk0T2JI

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
I was looking to get the game, but like you, I'm not a fan of early access. I like to play a game when it's fully completed with patches and all. I usually purchase a game a few months after release and can even get it cheaper sometimes.

SkScotchegg
Expert Trustee

RuneSR2 said:

0jvcghwy6wwy.jpg

Mate this looks amazing, awesome find!!! So excited for this now!!! 🙂

UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Rift CV1 & Rift S - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

RuneSR2 said:

0jvcghwy6wwy.jpg

Mate this looks amazing, awesome find!!! So excited for this now!!! 🙂

It kinda made my day too - if the devs get this one right, it could easily be among my top 5 VR games. 

SkScotchegg
Expert Trustee

RuneSR2 said:

It kinda made my day too - if the devs get this one right, it could easily be among my top 5 VR games. 

Yeah totally agree mate, this game looks god damn awesome!

The Top 4 games I'm waiting for in order of excitement are:
Stormland
Undead Citidel
Lone Echo 2
Shadow Legend

Do you know of any others that look as decent as these?
UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Rift CV1 & Rift S - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

RuneSR2 said:

Yeah totally agree mate, this game looks god damn awesome!

The Top 4 games I'm waiting for in order of excitement are:
Stormland
Undead Citidel
Lone Echo 2
Shadow Legend

Do you know of any others that look as decent as these?

Maybe Asgard's Wrath - arriving summer 2019:

https://youtu.be/d5a4nWtbVyY