Oculus blue screens when I load up the program — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus blue screens when I load up the program

MossatronMossatron Posts: 3
NerveGear
hello, ive had an issue with my oculus rift where it keeps on blue screening my computer when i load up oculus. i load up the app, put the headset on and it works, then the frames get all jittery and then my pc blue screens.when i close the app down because i know its going to die, a window i have open at the time (like files) starts flickering a lot and after awhile turn to normal again 
does anyone know what i can do?

Comments

• MossatronMossatron Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    edited February 25
    The stop code it gives me is irql_not_less_or_equal (note that this only happens with oculus. the rest of my pc works perfectly fine)
  • OculusSupportOculusSupport Posts: 329 Oculus Staff

Hey Mossatron, I'm sorry to hear you're getting blue screen errors with your Oculus Rift. The irql_not_less_or_equal error can have a number of causes. Please check to make sure that all your drivers are updated and your Windows Updates are all installed. It's possible for anti-virus software to cause this error so please try temporarily disable any anti-virus software that you might have running. If you're still having issues, please create a support ticket at https://support.oculus.com so we can look into this for you. Thanks! -Rick

• MossatronMossatron Posts: 3
    NerveGear

Hey Mossatron, I'm sorry to hear you're getting blue screen errors with your Oculus Rift. The irql_not_less_or_equal error can have a number of causes. Please check to make sure that all your drivers are updated and your Windows Updates are all installed. It's possible for anti-virus software to cause this error so please try temporarily disable any anti-virus software that you might have running. If you're still having issues, please create a support ticket at https://support.oculus.com so we can look into this for you. Thanks! -Rick

I reinstalled the drivers and it seems to be working. Thanks for the help!