New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

No sound on Oculus Home, Touch Basics and First Contact?

13»

Comments

• hwwmetroidmenhwwmetroidmen Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Hey everyone - just want to relay what it seems some of you have already heard from support. Our team has looked at the issue and reported it to Microsoft, but it wasn’t fixed in time for 1903. The newest insider builds that are rolling out seem to have the fix, it's ultimately up to Microsoft to push the fix out to the public build. We regretfully have no control over that in terms of timing.

We do have a support article up for this issue: https://support.oculus.com/2293082490952387/

Also, apologies to those folks who have not yet heard back from Support. The team is working through all tickets as fast as possible. We are experiencing higher ticket volumes than normal. We know this is not ideal, but we sincerely appreciate your patience in hearing back from us.
    Yeah, so, based off this comment I went ahead and upgraded to this “newest insider build” and the issue is still not resolved. 

So this issue is NOT FIXED, in case anyone is reading this. 
  • shanedlmshanedlm Posts: 77
    Hiro Protagonist
    Hey everyone - just want to relay what it seems some of you have already heard from support. Our team has looked at the issue and reported it to Microsoft, but it wasn’t fixed in time for 1903. The newest insider builds that are rolling out seem to have the fix, it's ultimately up to Microsoft to push the fix out to the public build. We regretfully have no control over that in terms of timing.

We do have a support article up for this issue: https://support.oculus.com/2293082490952387/

Also, apologies to those folks who have not yet heard back from Support. The team is working through all tickets as fast as possible. We are experiencing higher ticket volumes than normal. We know this is not ideal, but we sincerely appreciate your patience in hearing back from us.
    Yeah, so, based off this comment I went ahead and upgraded to this “newest insider build” and the issue is still not resolved. 

So this issue is NOT FIXED, in case anyone is reading this. 

Is there a way we can elevate this?  No offense to the support team, but it seems no one has been taking this issue very seriously nor fully understanding exactly what it is.  Not having audio in your startup tutorial and intro app is a pretty huge deal and will provide new customers with a really sour first experience.  This should have been jumped on immediately to stay ahead of general release for 1903, not after nor should the onus of rolling out a fix be placed solely on Microsoft.
  • zalbericozalberico Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    edited May 25
    I just updated windows today and it’s working now.

Windows 10 Pro
    Version 1903
    OS build 18362.145

I’m in Windows Insider Program Slow previews.
  • MAC_MAN86MAC_MAN86 Posts: 2,262
    Wintermute
    Is there an Official Fix however that it is or is still a lottery?
    Hiro Protagonist
    zalberico said:
    I just updated windows today and it’s working now.

Windows 10 Pro
    Version 1903
    OS build 18362.145

I’m in Windows Insider Program Slow previews.

That’s great to hear!!  Maybe I’ll bite the bullet and go back to Insider...  Thanks for letting us know.
  • Lethal_AimsLethal_Aims Posts: 69
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited May 25
    I'm a brand new Rift S and just discovered this issue. It is pretty disappointing that the First Steps tutorial is broken at release weekend. Especially as this was apparently first reported back in February.

The problem is not affecting all titles so surely Oculus could have changed the audio method used in these fundamental titles so that they were not affected by the Windows 1903 compatibility problem?

We should all get a free copy of Robo Recall something.
  • JulianBJulianB Posts: 41
    Brain Burst
    Aaaaand now this one got me too. I just updated to 1903 and now my Home Audio doesn't work either. Not going to get on the slow ring for fear of what else that'll break. I'm using a CV1. 

Like Lethal_Aims, I find it pretty hard to believe Oculus cannot pinpoint the differing audio methods in these apps? Specially as it has been known for some time now.
    -j

www.julianbutler.com

Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra and then suddenly it flips over, pinning you underneath. At night, the ice weasels come.
  • g0phrg0phr Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Same here.. Windows 1903, Oculust Rift S. The PC itself and everything is brand new. I bought this machine just for this... Annoyed user here..
    Hiro Protagonist
    There is a fix. You have to wait for Microsoft to release it, or you can manually install the preview version. More info in the Rift S forum:

Resolved Sound problem in the Oculus Setup Demo and Eve Valkyrie
  • uKERuKER Posts: 160
    Art3mis
    There is a fix. You have to wait for Microsoft to release it, or you can manually install the preview version. More info in the Rift S forum:

Resolved Sound problem in the Oculus Setup Demo and Eve Valkyrie
    A link could have been helpful.
    https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/76142/resolved-sound-problem-in-the-oculus-setup-demo-and-eve-valkyrie
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited May 30
    uKER said:
    I know it would. Stupid forum doesn’t allow new members to post links to it’s own content! They get flagged for moderation which doesn’t happen.

Edit: Woohoo! Looks like my posts with links have been released.
    Art3mis
    edited May 29
    Never mind, just coming here to say that either the new audio driver in the 1.38 PTC, or Windows 18908 (out today for the Fast Ring) finally fixed the issue.
    I now have sound in Home, the First Steps demo, First Touch and everything else.
    Someone else try it and let us know which of the two does it.
  • steveco99steveco99 Posts: 24
    Brain Burst
    edited May 29
    Microsoft fixed it.  For those on the public release of Windows 1903, check for updates - KB4497935 Windows 10 1903 Cumulative Update should be out there and will fix the problem.  I installed the Oculus driver update this morning, and it didn't help - it took the Windows update tonight to resolve it.

Judging by the time it took to install, it contains a bunch of other content as well.  Woohoo!  Sound!   :p
    Hiro Protagonist
    Confirming this works for me too, thanks all for sharing the good news!!!   Silly question, as it's been so long since I've experienced sound in Home, but now it feels like I'm not hearing the normal menu sounds that I had been hearing while audio was absent in Home.   Is that normal behavior (i.e. Home sound overrides menu sound) or did the fix perhaps break other stuff?   I honestly don't even remember what it was like anymore, ha!
    Art3mis
    Didn't pay attention to that. I'll check next time I get on.
    The issue I am having though is that audio is painfully low.
  • MAC_MAN86MAC_MAN86 Posts: 2,262
    Wintermute
    It's what it is sadly. Even applying cardboard stuck over your ears improves it massively but they can't sell it with flaps LOL. They are bound to sell an add-on soon. Personally I don't like earbuds as your own voice is muffled too. They need them like the old RIFT or PSVR's Bionics .
    Art3mis
    edited May 30
    I'm tempted to buy the Koss KSC75 and hack them on with some 3D printed clips. 
  • captivechaoscaptivechaos Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    This is probably a dead thread, but I wanted to post something just in case some of you are still having this issue. I was having the same problem even though when I first started using my Rift S a week ago, the sound was all working fine. I ended up going into my windows settings>system>sound>app volume and devices preferences. You have to do this while your oculus is connected and active with your computer. There was I believe three options for volume level in regards to the oculus. One of which was very low, set clear down to 2 (automatically with an update maybe?). I pushed the slider to 100, and ta-da, problem with no audio in oculus home was solved! I can now clearly hear the ambiance and music applied to my home room. Maybe this was just a personal issue and this has long since been resolved, but I thought I'd at least put it on this thread just in case. I am running Windows 10 1909.