New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

What does the xbox controller even do?!

Zeroskater1032Zeroskater1032 Posts: 1
NerveGear
My rift came with a xbox controller and adapter. Its set up and connected, but the controller seems to have no use for anything what so ever. Am i supposed to be able to, for example, navigate google earth vr with it? Because it has no reaction in the app. Also, should i be able to navigate menus with the controller and select things? Because i also cant do that.

Comments

• MikeFMikeF Posts: 947
    3Jane
    that was the default input before touch was released a year after cv1, only works with games that have a gamepad listed as an input method (or touch as gamepad)
  • stephano.florstephano.flor Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    any idea if you can use the xbox controller and touch at the same time ?
  • bigmike20vtbigmike20vt Posts: 4,153 Valuable Player
    xbox pad is fantastic for a great many games in VR.  you get the bare minimum of functionality with it in home however.  it must be really old stock to have gotten a unit with the xbox pad in it!.

@stephano.flor  yes you can if the game supports it, and in oculus home as well just turn them both on.
    Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR :)
  • DaftnDirectDaftnDirect Posts: 5,701 Volunteer Moderator
    You’d probably have to but your xbox controller down before picking up your Touch controllers.
    Intel 5820K [email protected], Titan X (Maxwell), 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v1903 (18363.720)
  • CrashFuCrashFu Posts: 1,756 Valuable Player
    In general it's a REALLY good controller, too.  Most VR games released nowadays are based around Touch,  but I use that controller for every non-VR game that supports it.
    It's hard being the voice of reason when you're surrounded by unreasonable people.
    It's a great controller for armchair gaming too. I thought I might get some use out of it when I got myself a media centre PC for the living room but budget cuts have kept me to a single PC.... and my Xbox controller has kind of been unused.
    Intel 5820K [email protected], Titan X (Maxwell), 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v1903 (18363.720)
  • jayhawkjayhawk Posts: 824
    3Jane
    Do yourself a favor and play Chronos with it.
    I may do that @jayhawk I've heard a lot of good things about it