What does the xbox controller even do?! — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

What does the xbox controller even do?!

Zeroskater1032Zeroskater1032 Posts: 1
NerveGear
My rift came with a xbox controller and adapter. Its set up and connected, but the controller seems to have no use for anything what so ever. Am i supposed to be able to, for example, navigate google earth vr with it? Because it has no reaction in the app. Also, should i be able to navigate menus with the controller and select things? Because i also cant do that.

Comments

• MikeFMikeF Posts: 547
    Trinity
    that was the default input before touch was released a year after cv1, only works with games that have a gamepad listed as an input method (or touch as gamepad)
  • stephano.florstephano.flor Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    any idea if you can use the xbox controller and touch at the same time ?
  • bigmike20vtbigmike20vt Posts: 3,788 Valuable Player
    xbox pad is fantastic for a great many games in VR.  you get the bare minimum of functionality with it in home however.  it must be really old stock to have gotten a unit with the xbox pad in it!.

@stephano.flor  yes you can if the game supports it, and in oculus home as well just turn them both on.
    Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR :)
  • DaftnDirectDaftnDirect Posts: 4,630 Valuable Player
    You’d probably have to but your xbox controller down before picking up your Touch controllers.
    Intel 5820K OC@4Ghz, Titan X (Maxwell), 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v1809 (17763.348)
  • CrashFuCrashFu Posts: 1,696 Valuable Player
    In general it's a REALLY good controller, too.  Most VR games released nowadays are based around Touch,  but I use that controller for every non-VR game that supports it.
    Tips for fixing / reducing Rift-S issues:
    • Make sure your graphics drivers and windows updates are completely up-to-date.
    • Disable USB power saving on any ports you'll be plugging Rift-S into.
    • Access Windows "Power and Sleep" settings, Advanced Settings, and disable any other automatic power-saving.
    • Be patient for fixes from Oculus.
    It's a great controller for armchair gaming too. I thought I might get some use out of it when I got myself a media centre PC for the living room but budget cuts have kept me to a single PC.... and my Xbox controller has kind of been unused.
    Intel 5820K OC@4Ghz, Titan X (Maxwell), 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v1809 (17763.348)
  • jayhawkjayhawk Posts: 758
    3Jane
    Do yourself a favor and play Chronos with it.
    I may do that @jayhawk I've heard a lot of good things about it