New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus Dash Dashboard too high

WhirvisWhirvis Posts: 10
NerveGear
For some reason on Oculus Dash, the actual dashboard to press buttons such as "Library", "Virtual Desktop", etc. is way too high up for me to press. I thought this was a height issue, so I set everything back up by going through the default setup, set my height again, and also resetup the Guardian system. Yet, the dashboard was still too high. However, the height in all my games and the screens on the Oculus Dash are correct, just not the bar to press the buttons. Does anyone know why this is the case?
Tagged:

Comments

• TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 1,374
    Project 2501
    edited March 4
    Just grab it using one of your rift touch contollers by hovering over it, hold the side grab button, and drag it down.  Next time you startup it should be in the right position.

Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti (from my old AGA), 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, Asus VG248QE 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors. Vive Cosmos, currently work in progress.

• WhirvisWhirvis Posts: 10
    NerveGear
    Thank you so much, I had no idea you could do that!
  • PhoenixSpyderPhoenixSpyder Posts: 221
    Nexus 6
    Yeah moving it down to a proper level works but I have had it constantly go back to the original position even after a number of restarts. Seems to forget where it's put...at least on my system. Not much of a problem presently though as I don't use the dash that much anyway...
    i7 8700k @ 5ghz, Asus Rog Strix Z370-E Gaming, MSI 1080ti Gaming X @ 2050Ghz + 11.4Ghz ram, 32 GB Corsair Veng DDR4 2666 Ghz, Adata SX900 SSD, 1TB M.2 SSD, Adata Su800 SSD, Adata SU650 SSD, BarraCuda 2TB HD, Oculus Rift, Odyssey Plus, Windows 10 Pro 1903
    "Presently developing a VR project (outside of my profession) due to the lack of availability of what I would like to experience" Details in a year or two...
  • TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 1,374
    Project 2501
    Yeah moving it down to a proper level works but I have had it constantly go back to the original position even after a number of restarts. Seems to forget where it's put...at least on my system. Not much of a problem presently though as I don't use the dash that much anyway...
    Once you bring it back go into your left controller menu and reset your entry point.  This may help.  Mine comes back perfectly now.

Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti (from my old AGA), 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, Asus VG248QE 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors. Vive Cosmos, currently work in progress.

• cabelo3dcabelo3d Posts: 10
    NerveGear
    How can I fix that if I don't have touch controllers?
  • RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 3,460 Valuable Player
    cabelo3d said:
    How can I fix that if I don't have touch controllers?
    I don't think you can, maybe it's time to buy Touch controllers, you're missing out on the best games on the planet without Touch.  Or try to contact Oculus Support: 

https://tickets.oculusvr.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"