ASW not auto triggering — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

ASW not auto triggering

WhipDiddyWhipWhipDiddyWhip Posts: 28
Brain Burst
i've noticed a lot of the time that asw is not auto triggering anymore, trying assetto corsa coimpetizione its not triggering, instead it plays at around 70-80 fps a lot of the time so is a bit of a stuttery mess, i haven't switched asw off or anything with the keyboard shortcuts and it should be auto, i've tried ctrl+4 to make it normal, it's not the only game its happened on before but it's the only one i tried recently

any info or help would be appreciated thanks

Comments

• WhipDiddyWhipWhipDiddyWhip Posts: 28
    Brain Burst
    bump
  • TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 898
    3Jane
    When you startup AC pause the game and try ctrl+num# (numbers from numeric keyboard, not top row numbers).

1= asw off

2= asw off, 45fps fixed

3= asw on, 45fps fixed

4= asw auto (default)

For me, AC works best if you select the right graphic quality settings to give you 90fps with either asw off or auto.  ASW introduces too many artifacts (like wavy/blurry backgrounds) for my liking.  Maybe this will be better when Oculus finally releases asw2.0?

Alienware 17r4 Laptop with i7-7700hq 2.8/3.6, 32 gb ram, gtx1060 w/6gb ram, 256gb ssd, 1tb hdd, Oculus Rift w/2x sensors.  Now using an Alienware Graphics Amplifier (AGA) with Zotac gtx1080ti Blower and Asus vg248qe 144hz external monitor.  All works great!
  • WhipDiddyWhipWhipDiddyWhip Posts: 28
    Brain Burst
    edited May 12
    bump

still happening, not auto triggering of asw a lot of the time

looking through other threads on this support forum i'm going to guess this is a waste of time as there doesn't appear to be any support here
  • TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 898
    3Jane
    bump

still happening, not auto triggering of asw a lot of the time

looking through other threads on this support forum i'm going to guess this is a waste of time as there doesn't appear to be any support here
    This is not support, just a user help/information forum.  If you are having a problem contact Oculus Support.

Personally I have more problems stopping ASW from kicking in since for me it only results in strutting and artifacts.  I usually need to hit ctrl+nun1 to disable ASW.  I wish there was a way to permanently disable it.
    Alienware 17r4 Laptop with i7-7700hq 2.8/3.6, 32 gb ram, gtx1060 w/6gb ram, 256gb ssd, 1tb hdd, Oculus Rift w/2x sensors.  Now using an Alienware Graphics Amplifier (AGA) with Zotac gtx1080ti Blower and Asus vg248qe 144hz external monitor.  All works great!