New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Beat Saber / campaign / OST2 / free tracks

KlodsBrikKlodsBrik Posts: 1,193
Wintermute
edited March 6 in General
You might have heard that an update and and trackpack will arrive the 14th this month.
New tweet today tells a bit more about the update:


Upcoming PC update is going to be our biggest PC update so far! We're finally bringing you long awaited Campaign and all 5 tracks from OST Vol. 2. We're also releasing our first Music Pack with this update. (1/2)

— Beat Saber (@BeatSaber) 6. marts 2019




🚨 WE HAVE THE DATE! 🚨 Our first Music Pack lands in Beat Saber on March 14th!

See a little sneak peek to our updated UI so you can easily browse OSTs and upcoming Music Packs. pic.twitter.com/GiTLvAdBKG
— Beat Saber (@BeatSaber) 4. marts 2019




It´s also mentioned that devs are mapping more free tracks for an upcoming update.
Im kinda hyped.


Be good, die great !
Tagged:

Comments

  • WildtWildt Posts: 2,008 Valuable Player
    C'mon you guys! The only one kicking up some dust now is @keeen.chop now that @pyroth309 is still braiding his landlords hair.. :lol:
    PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
    PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
    WMR: HP Reverb
  • Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 2,035 Valuable Player
    and yet....STILL no OFFICIAL editor as promised.  They are almost a YEAR late on that.....
  • pyroth309pyroth309 Posts: 1,568 Valuable Player
    edited March 14
    Wildt said:
    C'mon you guys! The only one kicking up some dust now is @keeen.chop now that @pyroth309 is still braiding his landlords hair.. :lol:
    Meh lol. I actually jumped in beat saber a couple of days ago, played a couple of tracks and controller drifted on both of them causing misses, took it off and went back to flat screen gaming lol. I may actually need new touches as they're a bit scuffed up but i'm not going to upgrade at this point. In wait and see mode.
  • RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 3,435 Valuable Player
    edited March 14
    Interesting, Beat Saber has just surpassed 1 million sold copies - probably the first VR game to ever do so:

    https://uploadvr.com/beat-saber-one-million-copies/

    PS. Just made a thread about it, it's an awesome achievement.
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

    "Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"
  • Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 2,035 Valuable Player
    Hmm....not liking this update at all. They changed a lot of the UI and the environment. The sabers now look like rods now as well. 

    The so called campaign mode is nothing special either. Just makes you go through solo mode more or less. 

    Disappointing. 
  • pyroth309pyroth309 Posts: 1,568 Valuable Player
    edited March 15
    The campaign starts off boring but by the end I was enjoying it. There's some new twists with speeding up and slowing down and not being able to move your arms much and having to move them a lot and disappearing arrows and such. I liked the sense of progression it added but yea it's basic overall. 
  • WildtWildt Posts: 2,008 Valuable Player
    The "max x meters" game modifier sorta goes against a core value of the game imo. I don't like it :angry:

    PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
    PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
    WMR: HP Reverb
  • pyroth309pyroth309 Posts: 1,568 Valuable Player
    Wildt said:
    The "max x meters" game modifier sorta goes against a core value of the game imo. I don't like it :angry:

    I actually laughed and said to myself, Wildt's going to hate this. 
  • RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 3,435 Valuable Player
    edited March 15
    Digikid1 said:
    Hmm....not liking this update at all. They changed a lot of the UI and the environment. The sabers now look like rods now as well. 

    The so called campaign mode is nothing special either. Just makes you go through solo mode more or less. 

    Disappointing. 
     I appreciate your sacrifice, it will not go unnoticed  :) - and I shall not update my good ol' version of Beat Saber  o:)  I only play singleplayer, no need to update. 

    "If it works don't fix it". 

    Still haven't updated Lone Echo nor Robo Recall to the latest versions  B)
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

    "Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"
  • MAC_MAN86MAC_MAN86 Posts: 2,262
    Wintermute
    edited March 16
    Review of update by Cas with bHaptic suit:


    This looks much better as it did before the update:


    Yup those new sabers suck!
    At least the Customs still work after reinstalling.
    https://github.com/Umbranoxio/BeatSaberModInstaller/releases/tag/2.2.3
  • WildtWildt Posts: 2,008 Valuable Player
    pyroth309 said: played a couple of tracks and controller drifted on both of them causing misses, took it off and went back to flat screen gaming lol. I may actually need new touches as they're a bit scuffed up but i'm not going to upgrade at this point. In wait and see mode. 
    I've seen quite some reports of users (myself included) having tracking issues on the OH version or the Oculus branch of the steam version after this BS update. The devs have been notified.
    PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
    PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
    WMR: HP Reverb
  • KlodsBrikKlodsBrik Posts: 1,193
    Wintermute
    @pyroth309 Im having drifting controllers as well after the update, but only on every second go.
     Does seem that having the BS window focused makes my sabers drift less.
    So no wild scores for me yet on the new tracks.

    But I must say that the quality, especially the mapping on the 15 "new" tracks are awesome and worth every penny paid imo.
    Be good, die great !
  • KeenChopKeenChop Posts: 33
    Brain Burst
    edited March 19
    Wildt said:
    C'mon you guys! The only one kicking up some dust now is @keeen.chop now that @pyroth309 is still braiding his landlords hair.. :lol:
    Thanks! It was your advice to swing those meat sticks. That helped a lot! ;) Beat Saber could use some sort of in-game scoring system info for new players.
    BTW <3 GN

  • WildtWildt Posts: 2,008 Valuable Player

    PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
    PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
    WMR: HP Reverb
  • kobs57kobs57 Posts: 58
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited March 19
    What happened to all the songs we had with beat saber mod??? and now we have to "buy" them ???
    It's the first update I have to go through, not liking it at all
    Oculus Rift dedicated computer...AMD Ryzen 7 1700X, 32 gigs of Corsair Vengence RGB memory, MSI 1070-TI
     on a MSI B-450 Gaming plus motherboard, EVGA super nova 1000 Watt PSU
    Oculus is on a Samsung 970 evo M.2 V nand 1TB on board SSD   
  • KeenChopKeenChop Posts: 33
    Brain Burst
    edited March 19
    kobs57 said:
    What happened to all the song we had with beat saber mod??? and now we have to "buy" them ???
    Use ModSaber https://github.com/lolPants/modsaber-installer/releases, your songs are still there ;)
    Custom songs are in the Extras tab ingame

  • kobs57kobs57 Posts: 58
    Hiro Protagonist
    Thanks Keen  :)
    Oculus Rift dedicated computer...AMD Ryzen 7 1700X, 32 gigs of Corsair Vengence RGB memory, MSI 1070-TI
     on a MSI B-450 Gaming plus motherboard, EVGA super nova 1000 Watt PSU
    Oculus is on a Samsung 970 evo M.2 V nand 1TB on board SSD   
  • WildtWildt Posts: 2,008 Valuable Player
    Have you guys tried the new update? The strange "speed limit" tracking issue that seems to have occurs since going to 0.13 is sadly still there, but I feel like my big fast swings now score way more consistently!

    The patch notes from the beta build were far more detailed, and I wonder how much of it made it to the main branch, but I'm pretty sure some of this did:

    Main changes from 0.13.0p1:
    • Fixed bug in the calculation of your cut score. To be more precise, we fixed calculation of "cut angle" when the last segment of the swing arc was skipped so you needed to swing more to achieve full points for the cut. Also faster you swung more you had to compensate for that.
    • With previous fix in mind we tweaked values for max "before/after cut angles" from 90/60 to 115/70 and disabled score submission to leaderboards.
    • Updated Unity to the latest version bring its own full bag of fixes and improvements under the hood.


    PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
    PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
    WMR: HP Reverb
  • WildtWildt Posts: 2,008 Valuable Player
    @KeenChop - I'm curious how you think the new build feels? :smile:
    PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
    PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
    WMR: HP Reverb
  • KlodsBrikKlodsBrik Posts: 1,193
    Wintermute
    edited April 2
    Haven't had a chance to jump in, maybe lateron tonight.

    Also a new free track Noisestorm-Crab rave:

    Remove Ugandan, and embrace this meme:
     

    Be good, die great !
  • KeenChopKeenChop Posts: 33
    Brain Burst
    edited April 8
    Wildt said:
    @KeenChop - I'm curious how you think the new build feels? :smile:
    Sorry, I skipped Beat Saber last week. Didn't even know they changed scoring :open_mouth: I've only played a few songs, and well...I can't beat my own scores :neutral:
    For now I can only tell that I get more 70-90 than 90-100 in faster parts, so swinging adjustment is required I'm afraid.

    Also my tracking sucks balls, can't into big swings :(
  • pyroth309pyroth309 Posts: 1,568 Valuable Player
    edited April 8
    Seems like major changes like that should require a score wipe. I have definitely noticed more lower scored hits on the faster sequences. I can't score as high as I could on my Oculus Touch when they were working perfectly so this is even more of a setback lol. But it's all good, at this point I'm just playing for fun occasionally. On that note:

    I have retired my CV1 officially. I had more bad luck this weekend and I still had all of my powered USB extenders plugged in (No surge protectors on them) and lightning hit nearby and fried all 3 of them and also my internet router...which was on a protector but still got smoked. Least nothing else more expensive did. I just shook my head and threw my Rift in the closet. I'm done! It's jinxed lol.
    Sadly though, I was using one of the extenders for my O+ so I had to order another one as I'm back to a short ass cable near my PC.

  • WildtWildt Posts: 2,008 Valuable Player
    @pyroth309 - DANG! R.I.P. CV1! :heartbreak:
    PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
    PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
    WMR: HP Reverb
  • WildtWildt Posts: 2,008 Valuable Player
    KeenChop said:
    Wildt said:
    @KeenChop - I'm curious how you think the new build feels? :smile:
    Sorry, I skipped Beat Saber last week. Didn't even know they changed scoring :open_mouth: I've only played a few songs, and well...I can't beat my own scores :neutral:
    For now I can only tell that I get more 70-90 than 90-100 in faster parts, so swinging adjustment is required I'm afraid.

    Also my tracking sucks balls, can't into big swings :(
    It's unclear how many of those "beta-build" fixes actually made it into the subsequent patch, but something apparently did change.
    PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
    PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
    WMR: HP Reverb
  • KeenChopKeenChop Posts: 33
    Brain Burst
    pyroth309 said:
    Seems like major changes like that should require a score wipe. I have definitely noticed more lower scored hits on the faster sequences. I can't score as high as I could on my Oculus Touch when they were working perfectly so this is even more of a setback lol. But it's all good, at this point I'm just playing for fun occasionally. On that note:

    I have retired my CV1 officially. I had more bad luck this weekend and I still had all of my powered USB extenders plugged in (No surge protectors on them) and lightning hit nearby and fried all 3 of them and also my internet router...which was on a protector but still got smoked. Least nothing else more expensive did. I just shook my head and threw my Rift in the closet. I'm done! It's jinxed lol.
    Sadly though, I was using one of the extenders for my O+ so I had to order another one as I'm back to a short ass cable near my PC.

    Feels bad man :( I'd flip my shit if that happened to me :/
  • pyroth309pyroth309 Posts: 1,568 Valuable Player
    edited April 8
    KeenChop said:
    pyroth309 said:
    Seems like major changes like that should require a score wipe. I have definitely noticed more lower scored hits on the faster sequences. I can't score as high as I could on my Oculus Touch when they were working perfectly so this is even more of a setback lol. But it's all good, at this point I'm just playing for fun occasionally. On that note:

    I have retired my CV1 officially. I had more bad luck this weekend and I still had all of my powered USB extenders plugged in (No surge protectors on them) and lightning hit nearby and fried all 3 of them and also my internet router...which was on a protector but still got smoked. Least nothing else more expensive did. I just shook my head and threw my Rift in the closet. I'm done! It's jinxed lol.
    Sadly though, I was using one of the extenders for my O+ so I had to order another one as I'm back to a short ass cable near my PC.

    Feels bad man :( I'd flip my shit if that happened to me :/
    My Rift itself is fine, it's just 100 bucks worth of powered USB cables that I don't feel like replacing since I'm going to be getting a new headset soon. I already had one that was randomly disconnecting... the lightning/surge just finished it off.

    The Router hurts a lot more, it was a 300 buck gaming router that I bought it like 7 or 8 years ago. Because of the age of it, I'm not upset but it's a cost to replace. I'm still shopping for one, using a cheap back up in meantime. I also had to order a bunch of surge protectors to replace every one in the house since they took a hit.

    But yea, with the random problems I kept having with my Rift and the wear and tear on it, it's time lol. I was barely using it the past few months.

  • WildtWildt Posts: 2,008 Valuable Player
    edited April 10
    pyroth309 said:
    I can't score as high as I could on my Oculus Touch when they were working perfectly
    Just noticed you came back into my friends leaderboard.. but what the hell happened to the hardcore @pyroth309 I knew?! :lol:
    I know you can beat me, so those sub 100 rankings need improvement mate! :naughty:
    PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
    PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
    WMR: HP Reverb
  • pyroth309pyroth309 Posts: 1,568 Valuable Player
    edited April 10
    Wildt said:
    pyroth309 said:
    I can't score as high as I could on my Oculus Touch when they were working perfectly
    Just noticed you came back into my friends leaderboard.. but what the hell happened to the hardcore @pyroth309 I knew?! :lol:
    I know you can beat me, so those sub 100 rankings need improvement mate! :naughty:
    I wasn't ever hardcore, all of my scores were just after a handfull of attempts. Too much real life stuff and too many games keep me distracted. Add on all of the problems I have had with tracking in beat saber and I lost all motivation to play it seriously early on. That's one thing that has me considering the Index, I'm hoping for flawless tracking but I'm not sold on it yet until I see specs.

    I'm also hoping all of these headsets get far away from USB 3.0. Extending USB 3.0 above 15 feet is a pain in the ass and causes too many issues. I have the startech USB card and even that doesn't like to push a signal past 10 feet without chatter on my odyssey/errors on my sensors so I have to use a powered hub to everything, which I've had mixed results with. I've had cables that work for months suddenly stop working. I look forward to 3.2 or beyond.
Sign In or Register to comment.