New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Beat Saber / campaign / OST2 / free tracks

KlodsBrikKlodsBrik Posts: 847
3Jane
edited March 6 in General
You might have heard that an update and and trackpack will arrive the 14th this month.
New tweet today tells a bit more about the update:

Upcoming PC update is going to be our biggest PC update so far! We're finally bringing you long awaited Campaign and all 5 tracks from OST Vol. 2. We're also releasing our first Music Pack with this update. (1/2)

— Beat Saber (@BeatSaber) 6. marts 2019

🚨 WE HAVE THE DATE! 🚨 Our first Music Pack lands in Beat Saber on March 14th!

See a little sneak peek to our updated UI so you can easily browse OSTs and upcoming Music Packs. pic.twitter.com/GiTLvAdBKG
— Beat Saber (@BeatSaber) 4. marts 2019

It´s also mentioned that devs are mapping more free tracks for an upcoming update.
Im kinda hyped.

Be good, die great !
Tagged:

Comments

• WildtWildt Posts: 1,602
    Project 2501
    C'mon you guys! The only one kicking up some dust now is @keeen.chop now that @pyroth309 is still braiding his landlords hair.. :lol:
    Asus Z370-A ||  Watercooled 8700K || 16 GB gSkill ram 3200 || Samsung SSD 840PRO 256GB + 850PRO 256GB + 850EVO 500GB || Watercooled FE Geforce 1080ti || Zalman Reserator XT watercooler || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3 || Asus ROG PG279Q  G-sync monitor
  • Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 1,677 Valuable Player
    and yet....STILL no OFFICIAL editor as promised.  They are almost a YEAR late on that.....
  • pyroth309pyroth309 Posts: 655
    Neo
    edited March 14
    Wildt said:
    C'mon you guys! The only one kicking up some dust now is @keeen.chop now that @pyroth309 is still braiding his landlords hair.. :lol:
    Meh lol. I actually jumped in beat saber a couple of days ago, played a couple of tracks and controller drifted on both of them causing misses, took it off and went back to flat screen gaming lol. I may actually need new touches as they're a bit scuffed up but i'm not going to upgrade at this point. In wait and see mode.
  • RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 1,518 Valuable Player
    edited March 14
    Interesting, Beat Saber has just surpassed 1 million sold copies - probably the first VR game to ever do so:

https://uploadvr.com/beat-saber-one-million-copies/

PS. Just made a thread about it, it's an awesome achievement.
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz boost, 11 Ghz ram); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Oculus Rift CV1 - nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"
  • Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 1,677 Valuable Player
    Hmm....not liking this update at all. They changed a lot of the UI and the environment. The sabers now look like rods now as well. 

The so called campaign mode is nothing special either. Just makes you go through solo mode more or less. 

Disappointing. 
    Neo
    edited March 15
    The campaign starts off boring but by the end I was enjoying it. There's some new twists with speeding up and slowing down and not being able to move your arms much and having to move them a lot and disappearing arrows and such. I liked the sense of progression it added but yea it's basic overall. 
    Project 2501
    The "max x meters" game modifier sorta goes against a core value of the game imo. I don't like it :angry:

Asus Z370-A ||  Watercooled 8700K || 16 GB gSkill ram 3200 || Samsung SSD 840PRO 256GB + 850PRO 256GB + 850EVO 500GB || Watercooled FE Geforce 1080ti || Zalman Reserator XT watercooler || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3 || Asus ROG PG279Q  G-sync monitor
    Neo
    Wildt said:
    The "max x meters" game modifier sorta goes against a core value of the game imo. I don't like it :angry:

I actually laughed and said to myself, Wildt's going to hate this. 
  • RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 1,518 Valuable Player
    edited March 15
    Digikid1 said:
    Hmm....not liking this update at all. They changed a lot of the UI and the environment. The sabers now look like rods now as well. 

The so called campaign mode is nothing special either. Just makes you go through solo mode more or less. 

Disappointing. 
     I appreciate your sacrifice, it will not go unnoticed  :) - and I shall not update my good ol' version of Beat Saber  o:)  I only play singleplayer, no need to update. 

"If it works don't fix it". 

Still haven't updated Lone Echo nor Robo Recall to the latest versions  B)
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz boost, 11 Ghz ram); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Oculus Rift CV1 - nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"
  • MAC_MAN86MAC_MAN86 Posts: 1,355
    3Jane
    edited March 16
    Review of update by Cas with bHaptic suit:

This looks much better as it did before the update:

Yup those new sabers suck!
    At least the Customs still work after reinstalling.
    https://github.com/Umbranoxio/BeatSaberModInstaller/releases/tag/2.2.3
    Project 2501
    pyroth309 said: played a couple of tracks and controller drifted on both of them causing misses, took it off and went back to flat screen gaming lol. I may actually need new touches as they're a bit scuffed up but i'm not going to upgrade at this point. In wait and see mode. 
    I've seen quite some reports of users (myself included) having tracking issues on the OH version or the Oculus branch of the steam version after this BS update. The devs have been notified.
  • KlodsBrikKlodsBrik Posts: 847
    3Jane
    @pyroth309 Im having drifting controllers as well after the update, but only on every second go.
     Does seem that having the BS window focused makes my sabers drift less.
    So no wild scores for me yet on the new tracks.

But I must say that the quality, especially the mapping on the 15 "new" tracks are awesome and worth every penny paid imo.
    Be good, die great !
  • KeenChopKeenChop Posts: 24
    Brain Burst
    edited March 19
    Wildt said:
    Thanks! It was your advice to swing those meat sticks. That helped a lot! ;) Beat Saber could use some sort of in-game scoring system info for new players.
    BTW <3 GN

Project 2501

• kobs57kobs57 Posts: 44
    Brain Burst
    edited March 19
    What happened to all the songs we had with beat saber mod??? and now we have to "buy" them ???
    It's the first update I have to go through, not liking it at all
    Oculus Rift dedicated computer...AMD Ryzen 7 1700X, 32 gigs of Corsair Vengence RGB memory, MSI 1070-TI
     on a MSI B-450 Gaming plus motherboard, EVGA super nova 1000 Watt PSU
    Oculus is on a Samsung 970 evo M.2 V nand 1TB on board SSD   
  • KeenChopKeenChop Posts: 24
    Brain Burst
    edited March 19
    kobs57 said:
    What happened to all the song we had with beat saber mod??? and now we have to "buy" them ???
    Use ModSaber https://github.com/lolPants/modsaber-installer/releases, your songs are still there ;)
    Custom songs are in the Extras tab ingame

• kobs57kobs57 Posts: 44
    Brain Burst
    Thanks Keen  :)
    Oculus Rift dedicated computer...AMD Ryzen 7 1700X, 32 gigs of Corsair Vengence RGB memory, MSI 1070-TI
     on a MSI B-450 Gaming plus motherboard, EVGA super nova 1000 Watt PSU
    Oculus is on a Samsung 970 evo M.2 V nand 1TB on board SSD