Rift 1.36 Release Rolling Out Now - Page 2 — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Rift 1.36 Release Rolling Out Now

2»

Comments

• cigaremoodscigaremoods Posts: 87
    Hiro Protagonist
    Hello,

Neokin I quite agree with Mac_man86, the forum you offer with little visibility. The last message is dated October 18, 2018 !! ... and I do not think I've seen any comments from the Oculus team on it.

I did not know this forum before your message.

I think that centralizing everything on the same forum gives more visibility:
      - the problems encountered on the latest version.
     - indicate what seems to be missing for better ergonomics and use of the application.
     - retrieve information for a better setting or trick of use.

The scattering of the forums would make one think of "Divide ut regnes" as our ancient Greeks said. ;)

cordially :)

• ShocksOculusShocksOculus Posts: 297
    Nexus 6
    edited March 14
    The link to the Rift UserVoice, is the OFFICIAL Oculus User Feedback forum (it's even linked in the initial post by the Oculus Support).  Actual Oculus Devs do look there for feedback, some respond (yes, please look again).
    i7-7700k, GTX 1080Ti (11G) || MSI B150m (1 USB controller) + Inateck 4-port USB to PCIe (2nd USB controller)
    Oculus Rift S
    Oculus GO
    Oculus RIFT - 3 sensor Room-scale
  • MAC_MAN86MAC_MAN86 Posts: 1,707
    3Jane
    edited March 15

Thanks for the feedback on the visibility of UserVoice in the community! Heard and noted.
    So this means there will be an obvious LINK added to the Forum Menu?
    Can you open a closed-thread for the statement of your ROAD MAP also? Granted things change but we should know rather than constantly conflicting with rants on here. That will certainly help us in what to suggest to you obviously.
    Please do note that many users wish to have DISABLE SWITCHES for much of the added content.
    Hope you vote to add a main ONLINE FRIENDS LOBBY! (the Store)

ps If you listened to me and all I ever said on non-SSE4.2 CPU then you'd have far more sales of Software and Rifts!
  • cigaremoodscigaremoods Posts: 87
    Hiro Protagonist
    Hello,
    ShowBizDonkey

I take good note of your remarks and make my next requests according to the defined protocol. ;)

Cordialy

• LuluViBritanniaLuluViBritannia Posts: 453
    Trinity
    So, I had performance issues with the Rift which put me away from it for a little while as I believed it was due to the updates. And then I realized those issues were actually due to HP CoolSense, a technology that is neither cool nor makes any sense as it deprecated performance without reducing temperature. Oh, irony...

Anyway, now that I disabled this shit, performance is great! I can't compare this Oculus update to the previous one since I went through these with my little problem, but at least, I am glad I can say it works great on my GTX 1050 2GB.
    Current VR results imo:
    - Great small apps. Great ports of bigger games.
    - Great VR-specific features. Not enough showcased!!!
    - Too many actors in the industry, the market is totally broken.

My hopes for VR next gen:

- Better ratio between visual quality and power needs. No more godrays and less SDE.
    - Full Body Tracking.

"If you don't mind, do you want me to take you there? Where dreams come true."
  • YoLolo69YoLolo69 Posts: 1,110
    Wintermute
    Kind like the special super "GameMode" of Win10 which broke all games I played with, pancakes or VR :) They try, they try...

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

I7 3770K OC 4.6GHz, GTX1080 OC 10%, 16GB DDR3 2448  OC, Oculus Rift CV1

3Jane
    Like "VR Ready" PCs when what we really need is a totally stripped down Windows10 for all available RAM/CPU for Super Sampling. When the most smallest footprint is required yet we don't get that as an option.
  • nb.bispeskovnb.bispeskov Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I have been having problems with the Oculus Rift for some time now. i upgraded to win10 to fix it without any luck. I play a lot of Beat Saber and could play with max settings(including 8x AA). I have a gtx 970 and an i5-2300-potato. Even though my systems a little outdated i never had a single stutter, but now i get occasional blue screens and a very hot cpu. I can't play Beat Saber on low settings now without unplugging my LAN cable which still leaves me with stutters. Dunno why this is happening but my guess is the new Oculus update hit my cpu hard :/ 
    Computer geniuses unite for my rescue!
  • TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 879
    3Jane
    edited March 26
    I have been having problems with the Oculus Rift for some time now. i upgraded to win10 to fix it without any luck. I play a lot of Beat Saber and could play with max settings(including 8x AA). I have a gtx 970 and an i5-2300-potato. Even though my systems a little outdated i never had a single stutter, but now i get occasional blue screens and a very hot cpu. I can't play Beat Saber on low settings now without unplugging my LAN cable which still leaves me with stutters. Dunno why this is happening but my guess is the new Oculus update hit my cpu hard :/ 
    Computer geniuses unite for my rescue!
    Not really a PC expert but you might find adjusting some of your win10 power settings and nvidia graphics settings might help.  Also, make sure your nvidia drivers are reasonably up to date (I'm using 417.35 no problems) and use DDU in safe mode beforehand.  Sorry, all I can think of.  Otherwise, contact Oculus Support and start a ticket.

Edit; also go into your win10 settings/games and disable Game Mode.
    Alienware 17r4 Laptop with i7-7700hq 2.8/3.6, 32 gb ram, gtx1060 w/6gb ram, 256gb ssd, 1tb hdd, Oculus Rift w/2x sensors.  Now using an Alienware Graphics Amplifier (AGA) with Zotac gtx1080ti Blower and Asus vg248qe 144hz external monitor.  All works great!
    3Jane
    edited April 1
    Oh! Just found my Right Touch did not go to sleep over night. I look again in the draw to check none of the contacts/joystick are in an ON state and they aren't. I look again at the DesktopHome Devices and now it shows "STANDBY" (Sleeping) but is still not OFF as the Left is. This has happened for a very long time since new Updates. Still no FIX @ShowbizDonkey
  • dburnedburne Posts: 2,077 Valuable Player
    edited April 1
    MAC_MAN86 said:
    Oh! Just found my Right Touch did not go to sleep over night. I look again in the draw to check none of the contacts/joystick are in an ON state and they aren't. I look again at the DesktopHome Devices and now it shows "STANDBY" (Sleeping) but is still not OFF as the Left is. This has happened for a very long time since new Updates. Still no FIX @ShowbizDonkey
    Yeah mine continually do that off and on. They finally turned off as I have not used them in a while as I do mostly flight simming.
    I try to send feedback on this to Oculus with each release where it still does it.
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case|
  • RichooalRichooal Posts: 1,021
    Wintermute
    MAC_MAN86 said:

These controllers chew up batteries even when not in use. They need an ON/Off switch. I notice that the new Quest controllers look like they haven't got a power switch too.

My solution (a bit rough) is 2 bits of plastic inserted between the battery and contact. It's quicker to slip the plastic in and out than remove the batteries.............

i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - 0 PROBLEMS
    3Jane
    It's down to the Firmware that send out data. That's a means of intervening but they should fix this stuff.
  • RichooalRichooal Posts: 1,021
    Wintermute
    MAC_MAN86 said:
    It's down to the Firmware that send out data. That's a means of intervening but they should fix this stuff.

Absolutely agree. The problem we have now is just to please a few people who weren't using their controllers much and the poor buggers had to hit a button to wake them up. Now everybody's controllers use battery power even when sat in a draw.
    i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - 0 PROBLEMS
  • RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 2,009 Valuable Player
    I guess Oculus is working hard on 1.37 to ensure Rift-S compatibility. 1.36 seems to work great - felt like I got some extra frames per second when waving my hands in the Store last night (yeah, I do that sometimes - waving - this is how you easily tell 45 asw from 90 :blush: ). I'm actually enjoying the silence - no new 1.37 PTC has shown up - feels like some kind of long holiday  :D
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz boost, 11 Ghz ram); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Oculus Rift CV1 - nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"