New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

While Beat Saber helps cardio, Audica builds them shoulders!

ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 12,995 Valuable Player

Today we get the release of a welcome addition to the "combat music" family of VR titles. First there was AudioShield, then Beat Saber. Now there's Audica. So we've gone from making beats by: Blocking, Striking, and now... Shooting.

Something tells me that Beat Saber will continue to reign as King amongst the combat music titles. However, Audica is incredibly fun and will really get those shoulders burning without all the sweat!

I'm still trying to master the techniques, and can barely handle Moderate Mode. The difficulties range from: Beginner, Moderate, Advanced, Expert.

Here's a video of me trying one of my favorite songs from the current lineup:

Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane

Comments

• MAC_MAN86MAC_MAN86 Posts: 1,360
    3Jane
    Here's Mike's review I seen last night. Although the price is much the same I feel due to just 10 Tracks and no way to add our own libraries it will soon get dull. Just 1 can be streamed due to copyrights so that's a downer for more YouTube views as well to promote itself. It really is time for a major Keep Fit title.

• WildtWildt Posts: 1,605
    Project 2501
    edited March 8
    Yeah, giving bonus pts for stretched arms is gonna build them shoulder muscles.
    I feel BS should have something similar, so those weak sauce wrist flickers will be penalized vs. real arm swings.
    Anywho, this game has a lot of potential, and on moderate the last songs are already making my brain act like a deer caught in the headlights with some of those beat maps.
    Easy mode is for toddlers though. I fear the "expert" level! :lol:
    Asus Z370-A ||  Watercooled 8700K || 16 GB gSkill ram 3200 || Samsung SSD 840PRO 256GB + 850PRO 256GB + 850EVO 500GB || Watercooled FE Geforce 1080ti || Zalman Reserator XT watercooler || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3 || Asus ROG PG279Q  G-sync monitor
    Project 2501
    edited March 10
    The scoring system deffo favours mastering a difficulty, before moving onto the next. Even though I get 90% on "Advanced", my 100% score from Moderate is still higher.
    The learning curve is a lot steeper than BS, but it's really rewarding when you finally get into the groove and ace a difficult section of a track.
    I can see myself investing quite some time in this game! :smile:
    Asus Z370-A ||  Watercooled 8700K || 16 GB gSkill ram 3200 || Samsung SSD 840PRO 256GB + 850PRO 256GB + 850EVO 500GB || Watercooled FE Geforce 1080ti || Zalman Reserator XT watercooler || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3 || Asus ROG PG279Q  G-sync monitor
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 12,995 Valuable Player
    edited March 10
    Yes I'm fairly addicted to this game as well due to the Mastery required to get those high scores. I'm glad I don't have to worry about that 5-degree angle difference on crazy fast swings anymore lol

Now it's about accuracy and memorization, with a strong emphasis on posture when armed with dual pew pews! That's more to my liking.
  • LitespeedLitespeed Posts: 311
    Trinity
    Wow, that's hard, even on moderate! Can't say I like it more than Beat Saber but it's definitely a nice alternative.
  • pyroth309pyroth309 Posts: 668
    Neo
    I'll have to pick this up. I have bad shoulders, so probably going to suck lol. 
  • Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 1,688 Valuable Player
    I didn’t buy it but I tried it with a friends Rift. Not nearly as good as Beat Saber IMHO. 
    Project 2501
    Neo
    Wildt said:
    Yea I saw that yesterday as well, went ahead and picked it up. 
    Project 2501
    pyroth309 said:
    Wildt said:
    Coolio! Looking forward to battling you on the leaderboards :)
    Neo
    Wildt said:
    pyroth309 said:
    Wildt said:
    Yea, hopefully it doesn't have as much whipping about like beat saber and I can play for score without my hands floating off into my guardian lol. 
    Project 2501
    edited March 15
    pyroth309 said:
    Wildt said:
    pyroth309 said:
    Wildt said:
    Yea, hopefully it doesn't have as much whipping about like beat saber and I can play for score without my hands floating off into my guardian lol. 
    Nah, speed is of little importance here - but precision and timing are.
    Neo
    Tried a few songs, it's fun but at this point I gotta say I think I enjoyed beat saber a lot more. Zero problems with tracking at least.
    Project 2501
    edited March 17
    Ive actually got some issues, where the hit detection on the disco balls is totally unreliable :angry:

Other than that, I'm 2 tracks short of 100% on all the moderate songs (incl. Weaponized) and then I'm ready for next difficulty 👍
    Neo
    Wildt said:
    Ive actually got some issues, where the hit detection on the disco balls is totally unreliable :angry:

Other than that, I'm 2 tracks short of 100% on all the moderate songs (incl. Weaponized) and then I'm ready for next difficulty 👍
    Is that the ones you melee? The hit detection on the melee ones is screwy. I kept clipping through them with no hit. 
    Project 2501
    pyroth309 said:
    Wildt said:

Is that the ones you melee? The hit detection on the melee ones is screwy. I kept clipping through them with no hit. 
    Exactly - there have been numerous complaints about this, and the devs claimed to have fixed it in the last build, but they need to take a closer look at it I'd say.
    I have minor issues with the disco balls as well. But nothing overly problematic. Hopefully they can adjust it more soon. I'm at 97% on one song, on "Moderate" mode. And I was able to complete it on Advanced as well. I tried Expert and stopped before my brain exploded. Holy crap that game gets crazy lol

Really looking forward to mastering this one!
    Project 2501
    Zenbane said:
    I have minor issues with the disco balls as well. But nothing overly problematic.
    I'd like to see that calm attitude when it's the last bloody thing ruining your "Perfect Combo" :lol:
  • kzintzikzintzi Posts: 1,056
    Wintermute
    man, that looks awesome.. might have to buy it and have a go :smile:

Though you are more than slightly incoherent, I agree with you Madam,
    a plum is a terrible thing to do to a nostril.
    Project 2501
    Zenbane said:
     I'm at 97% on one song, on "Moderate" mode.
    This one? :smiley:

Project 2501
    Btw, I think the patch they just pushed has solved the melee bug.
    I love that song! I'm coming for you, Wildt!

Neo
    Wildt said:
    I'll give it another go in the morning and see. 
  • Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 1,688 Valuable Player
    edited March 21
    Has it been hacked yet to allow for custom songs?

edit 
    missed the post where it said it was. Nvm. 
    Project 2501
    Digikid1 said:
    Has it been hacked yet to allow for custom songs?
    Yup! They got a discord with download links. 
    Project 2501
    Wildt said:
    Liar, liar, pants on fire!
    It's still there I'm afraid. :disappointed:   But now I know what triggers it, and how to solve it. If you stop/restart a song close to a disco balls appearance, that ball will be a "ghost ball" next time. But playing another song, and then returning to the "problem song" will fix it. You can also restart the game, but that takes longer.

Btw, I'm digging that new Deadmau5 song - nice beat map too.
    Project 2501
    edited March 22
    You guys gotta download the custom song "Weaponized". It's short and it really gives you the feeling of being a badass gun wielder. Almost in the top 10 with a run on advanced:

edited March 23
    I'll tackle Weaponize tomorrow. Today...

Your move, @Wildt B)

Neo
    I jumped in here with my Odyssey, actually doing better than I did with the Rift but I'm not as good as you two yet. It's actually really enjoyable in the O+, visuals are crisp af. Going to try beatsaber and see how it is with latest update too.
    This is 100% front-facing, so it should be great on an O+

Keep practicing! :)