New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Tracking is messing up with no error in oculus app

HumanDudeHumanDude Posts: 17
NerveGear
Usually when your tracking goes bad or wrong Oculus will tell you in devices. For some reason its not and from what i can tell its faulty tracking. I know its not my controllers because it will loose tracking every so often and both can end up floating off. I've recorded the Oculus device panel while playing VR to see if it would say anything when i did loose tracking. I also know its not because of how i'm positioned. I've tried restarting the service, doing another setup and unplugging and re plugging the wires. I don't understand whats going on here would anyone know why its doing this and or how to fix it?

Comments

• Swifty0neSwifty0ne Posts: 39
    Brain Burst
    Read about the Windows 10  Update bug... and once you read see if that is what is effecting you. Do you have 2 Monitors installed with different refresh rates?
  • counterfeit187counterfeit187 Posts: 10
    NerveGear
    I found something on Reddit that says Windows 10 cumulative update 2019-2 is causing problems with tracking. I just had problems too, seemingly out of nowhere, and no issues in Oculus>devices. Best way to describe it is my movement has become elasticy or bouncy.
  • Swifty0neSwifty0ne Posts: 39
    Brain Burst
    If you have 2 monitors with different refresh rates. Try to unplug one of the monitors and reboot. That might fix it. If it doesn't remove the latest windows update you took. The latest Windows update breaks touch control on Windows 10.