Well, after approx 2 years of use my left controller just started to drift to the left in the past few days. I did some searching on the web and found others have had similar problems. I found a simple fix (discovered and provided by others) for this as a result. I'll just summarize it here for anyone needing to do so.
Close your Oculus software
Open your explorer and travel to C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Oculus\TouchCalibration
Copy the files in this folder as backup.
Open the .LTouch(left) or .RTouch(right) file with notepad, which ever touch controller you have the issue with.
To search hit the hotkey: Ctrl+F and enter either JoyYDeadMax or JoyXDeadMax or JoyYDeadMin or JoyXDeadMin
6. Y = Forward and backward dead zone issues
X = Left and Right dead zone issues
7. Increase or decrease the number by 50 each time until it stops (you may need to do this multiple times depending on how bad it is, restart software after each attempt)
Save + Close, restart your Oculus software. You may have to restart your computer.
Here are some examples of what to do when one of these is happening to your controller:
Eg.. JoyXDeadMin = -X value, JoyXDeadMin = +X value and so on
- If your avatar started randomly moving forward when you just slightly touching thumbstick, increase Deadzone +Y value.
- If your avatar started randomly moving backward, decrease Deadzone -Y value.
- If your avatar started randomly moving left, decrease Deadzone -X value.
- If your avatar started randomly moving right, increase Deadzone +X value.
- If your avatar started randomly rotationg left, decrease Deadzone -X value of right controller.
- If your avatar started randomly rotationg right, increase Deadzone +X value of right controller.
Credit goes to Desunyan and Shii2 from the web
i7 8700k @ 5ghz, Asus Rog Strix Z370-E Gaming, MSI 1080ti Gaming X @ 2050Ghz + 11.4Ghz ram, 32 GB Corsair Veng DDR4 2666 Ghz, Adata SX900 SSD, 1TB M.2 SSD, Adata Su800 SSD, Adata SU650 SSD, BarraCuda 2TB HD, Oculus Rift, Odyssey Plus, Windows 10 Pro 1903
"Presently developing a VR project (outside of my profession) due to the lack of availability of what I would like to experience" Details in a year or two...