The Lock Stock Stability Mod and Cheek Riser — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

The Lock Stock Stability Mod and Cheek Riser

SandcrackaSandcracka Posts: 43
Brain Burst
edited March 12 in Off-Topic
I've been using The Lock Stock in Onward and though I really like it, it needed some improvement. 

The forward rail consists of 3 separate pieces.  I noticed some play at each seam so I added brackets on each side.  It wasn't much movement, but the extra brackets help keep it even tighter.

The joints are held together with a single 10-32 knob.  There is a plastic ridged washer that helps keep it locked in place when tightened.  The knobs have a tendency to loosen up over time.  I got tired of having to re-tighten them every so often and added some brackets on those joints.  Once I got the joints set into the position I liked I never change them anyways so this was easy decision to make.  I even removed the knobs and replaced them with 1" 10-32 screws.

Finally I added an adjustable cheek riser to the stock.  The lower 2 mounting holes fit perfectly at the bottom of the stock.  As you can see, this is where I put those knobs to good use.  The screws I used for the knobs are 10-32 0.5" with a hex head.  The cheek riser was a bit too long so I used a dremel and trimmed the end down to the first notch.

After I was finished I used some black cloth Gaffer's Tape to cover up the brackets.