cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nvidia kills off 3D vision

Wildt
Consultant
https://www.engadget.com/2019/03/11/nvidia-ends-3d-vision-support/

Bollox. I use this tech to output full 1080p resolution (not SBS) 3d movies to my projector using the 3D vision support in Stereoscopic player.
:cry:
PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
WMR: HP Reverb
32 REPLIES 32

bigmike20vt
Visionary
this is sad news but.......... 3DTV play is free for everyone now?  that is interesting does anyone know if this will work when using a steamlink?  (My 3D TV is in the lounge)
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
@bigmike20vt - Have you got a link for free 3DTV for everyone? I thought it was free for anyone who had Nvidia 3D vision glasses and the kit plugged into their PC like I have?

This is not good news for my 3D projector.

Wildt
Consultant

RedRizla said:

@bigmike20vt - Have you got a link for free 3DTV for everyone? I thought it was free for anyone who had Nvidia 3D vision glasses and the kit plugged into their PC like I have?

This is not good news for my 3D projector.

I bought 3DTV for 20 bucks back in the day. 

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
@Wildt - Are 3DTV and Nvidia 3D vision Player the same thing? I've got Nvidia 3D vision Player installed and it was free because I have the emitter connected to my PC.

Wildt
Consultant

RedRizla said:

@Wildt - Are 3DTV and Nvidia 3D vision Player the same thing? I've got Nvidia 3D vision Player installed and it was free because I have the emitter connected to my PC.

Nopes. This page shows the difference:

So in essence, I payed to get support for the frame packed HDMI 3D standard, that my projector needs to display full resolution 1080p 24fps 3D movies.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
@Wildt - So is there a work around? Say if you kept the old driver instead of updating would that work?

Wildt
Consultant

RedRizla said:

@Wildt - So is there a work around? Say if you kept the old driver instead of updating would that work?

Yeah, I think that's what they said.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
Can anyone link me to the driver that has 3D TV for free for a Geforce 1080, I can't find it? The latest drivers are 419 not 418 now and Nvidia say they will only support 418? I'm a bit confused. Cheers!

ohgrant
Superstar
Sad news indeed, I've been using their 3D driver since the Win 98 days.  You don't need their driver if you have the full stereoscopic player licence. change the output to side by side and you should be able to switch to 3D from your projector..I use stereoscopic player mostly to convert old field sequential 3D movies to side by side. As far as 3D play being free to everyone. I'm pretty sure 3D play is their anaglyph / red and blue glasses. 
 I just got 3D vision working with my 1080ti and projector. Movies look great using the the 3D vision driver, but not really necessary. I play SBS movies with power DVD and just enable SBS on the projector. 
Gigabyte  AB350 Ryzen 2700x, 32gb ddr 4 3200, 2080ti. HP Reverb G2, Index controllers, Quest 1 and 2x Quest 2. 65" 3DTV HD3D DLP projector.