Elderscroll 'Blades' the 'Red pill' for Oculus Quest. — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Elderscroll 'Blades' the 'Red pill' for Oculus Quest.

DilipDilip Posts: 252
Nexus 6
Skyrim is one of the most exotic titles having environments worth visited in VR 

And since Bethesda already announced their intentions to release Blades on VR headsets too 

Game is amazingly beautiful on mobile hardware, i think Oculus must woo
Bethesda to release Blades as Day1 Title for Quest.

Comments

• cybernettrcybernettr Posts: 933
    3Jane
    I would like to see it released on day 1 for Rift as well. I like how the NPCs react to every slash of your weapon. And the ability to create your own town as well as download your friends’ towns means virtually unlimited VR content. 
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 14,519 Valuable Player
    edited March 15
    "You have to see this running on an iPhone 10, this gigantic screen does not do it justice"
    erm, sounds a bit backwards, no?

Anywho, this goes back to the first Elder Scrolls game, Arena, which I currently have installed and play a few minutes every 8 months or so lol. But that is a far cry from a Morrowind or Skyrim. This is more hack-n-slash dungeon crawler. And looking at the footage, it reminds me more of... a Fruit Ninja RPG.

I will give it a chance though. Seems worth a shot.
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
  • DilipDilip Posts: 252
    Nexus 6
    "You have to see this running on an iPhone 10, this gigantic screen does not do it justice"
    erm, sounds a bit backwards, no?

No its not..reason is they wish to convey joy of watching it on active matrix display rather than watching lifeless reflection of projection... Does it matter ..yes it do, many comfort factors do benefit projection yet OLED level contrast is certainly beyond normal projectors mildly washed out colors 

• MowTinMowTin Posts: 1,711 Valuable Player
    Skyrim VR with skse mods is the real "red pill." 

I have a mod that gives you virtual vr holsters so you can equip your weapons by grabbing them from your sides or back shoulders.

I have a mod that equips spells using your voice and speak options dialogue to NPCs

I have a mod that initiates your shouts by voice. You actually have to use the dragon language.

There is also a VR body mod. I haven't tried that yet.

i7 6700k 2080ti   Rift-S, Index
    Nexus 6
    MowTin said:
    Skyrim VR with skse mods is the real "red pill." 

I have a mod that gives you virtual vr holsters so you can equip your weapons by grabbing them from your sides or back shoulders.

I have a mod that equips spells using your voice and speak options dialogue to NPCs

I have a mod that initiates your shouts by voice. You actually have to use the dragon language.

There is also a VR body mod. I haven't tried that yet.

I doubt quest could handle full blown Skyrim..ideally with lot of dumb downing it can happen..but wont it loose appeal then?
  • MowTinMowTin Posts: 1,711 Valuable Player
    Dilip said:
    I doubt quest could handle full blown Skyrim..ideally with lot of dumb downing it can happen..but wont it loose appeal then?
    Oh, you said red pill "for Oculus Quest." I thought you said for Oculus. My bad. 
    i7 6700k 2080ti   Rift-S, Index
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 7,030 Valuable Player
    We'll have to wait and see what it's like, but if you can't mod it then it's probably going to be an unplayable buggy mess. Because, you know. Bethesda. :D
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
    Nexus 6
    edited March 17
     Yep ...They don't keep game behind the doors in name of Q.A.... They just release it to wild and let people do that and report to them so that they can patch it. Or their projects are so ambitiously big... that doing bug removal take decades in QA. Morrowind Eat my 200+ hours of life (That was 2002 year)..so not kidding..I forgave their bad QA over content variety and world size.