New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Jitter when moving head in all applications?

Meta-xxMeta-xx Posts: 27
Brain Burst
Hi all!

For some reason today when I came to use my Rift I noticed a horrendous amount of jittering and double images when moving my head from side to side, up down, etc. I didn't have this problem yesterday, and to my knowledge nothing on my system has changed, however the problem is there and I'm at a loss as to why. 

Things I've tried in order to mitigate the problem thus far at the suggestion of several posts I've seen on this issue online:

• Rolling back my Nvidia drivers, using DDU to remove the current ones
  • Unplugging all nonessential USB devices
  • Closing all nonessential programs
  • Reset sensor tracking
  • Moved around the USB 3 leads
One thing I notice every time I launch Oculus Home is that the jitter is nonexistent for a couple of seconds initially, but then returns. I'm not sure if that's relevant but I thought I'd share that anyway. 

I'm very confused as to why this issue only started happening today as like I said above this issue was nonexistent yesterday and everything was working just fine? 

If anyone has any suggestions, please, I'm all ears? =)

Comments

• Meta-xxMeta-xx Posts: 27
    Brain Burst
    Okay, so a quick update. 

After trawling through Google a little more I saw a suggestion that Asus Aura may cause issues, so I uninstalled that and knock on wood it's solved the jitter issue? I'm unsure as to why it's only now just started to cause problems as I've had Aura running on my system since I first took delivery of my Rift? Curious to be sure. 

I'll keep using the rift anyway and see if it was simply a coincidence that this solved my problem or not. I'll update this thread accordingly once I know for sure. 

That being said, if anyone has a similar issue to me and has Aura installed, try removing it entirely? You never know?
  • eraserhead360eraserhead360 Posts: 15
    NerveGear
    It's no coincidence. I had the same jitter problems and after many failed attempted solutions this problem was finally solved after uninstalling Aura. That was a month ago and the jitter never returned. 
  • DubDubzDubDubz Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I have an Asus strix RTX 2080 jittering in  every application as well, I troubleshoot and found that it was Aura causing a problem so I turned it off jittering stopped, I can also have a static color and the jittering will stop.. I believe it's my RGB G skill Ram..
    Brain Burst
    It's interesting to know that others have had the same issue with the problem being Aura. I'm curious to know what exactly it is with Aura that causes the jitter? Anyone have any ideas? 

Not going to lie, I'm a little upset that I can't have Aura as I'm unhappy with the stock colour settings of my Strix 1060, I used Aura simply to keep a static colour on. Ah well, needs must I suppose. 
    NerveGear
    I installed an old, Aura (gfx card only) version 0.0.5.5. So far so good, no jitters. 
    Brain Burst
    I installed an old, Aura (gfx card only) version 0.0.5.5. So far so good, no jitters. 
    Really? Honestly the thought of installing an older version never even crossed my mind, I'll have to give it a go. Thanks for the tip. =)
    NerveGear
    You're welcome :) It's looking good still no jitters!
    Brain Burst
    Awesome! 

I've just downloaded the first version (V0.0.1.0) as all I really want is to stop my damn card from 'breathing'. Ha ha. Haven't tried using the rift with it running yet but I'll give it a go soon and see how I fare. =)