New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus setup not detecting hdmi

Jumin1Jumin1 Posts: 2
NerveGear
I just got my oculus rift and tried to set it up, plugged in all three usb cords and are connected. But the Hdmi doesn't seem to be connected, I tried wiggling it and still doesn't work. The sounds are coming from the rift, the light in between the lends is white, but through the lends doesn't seem to show anything. I tried searching similar problems with the same laptop but I didn't quiet understand what im supposed to be doing. ive updated my nvidia graphics card, disabled windows defender, and checked for the latest windows update. I have an Acer Aspire VX 15 core i5, Geforce Gtx

Comments

• RichooalRichooal Posts: 953
    3Jane
    GeForce GTX is only a small part of the description of the card. It's a bit like saying I have a Mercedes.

Which GTX do you have?
    i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - 0 PROBLEMS
  • Jumin1Jumin1 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Richooal said:
    GeForce GTX is only a small part of the description of the card. It's a bit like saying I have a Mercedes.

Which GTX do you have?
    I have gtx 1050ti
  • RichooalRichooal Posts: 953
    3Jane
    Ok, the 1050Ti is minimum recommended. I searched for your same laptop on here and it doesn't look good.
    Here's a post where the problem didn't get resolved even with the help of  some cluey people.

https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/62330/aspire-vx-15-oculus-rift-hdmi-not-detected

You can search more, but the result I found don't help.

i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - 0 PROBLEMS