New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Accell USB-C VR Adapter

MowTinMowTin Posts: 1,809 Valuable Player
Anyone buy this? I think I'm going to order

i7 6700k 2080ti   Rift-S, Index

Comments

• MowTinMowTin Posts: 1,809 Valuable Player

I bought this and it's not working for me. I have the latest NVidia drivers and USB-C drivers. 

Has anyone got an adapter to work? 
  • pyroth309pyroth309 Posts: 1,576 Valuable Player
    edited March 31
    Wish I had a 2000 series card to try but a lot of people in the comments for it on Amazon say it doesn't work for the Rift. I would guess the HDMI signal is too weak if it's showing up in the oculus software.  

On a side note, it's interesting that it works for extending the Odyssey. I had the audio popping problem with active usb extenders. I bought a 30 foot powered one to solve it and was golden but I only have my HDMI extended to 16'ish which is all I need. 
  • dburnedburne Posts: 2,850 Valuable Player
    MowTin said:

I bought this and it's not working for me. I have the latest NVidia drivers and USB-C drivers. 

Has anyone got an adapter to work? 
    This one has been working fine for me for several months now.

https://www.amazon.com/HOGORE-Multi-port-Compatible-ChromeBook-Devices-Space/dp/B07H49X1D8?hvadid=78546416590309&hvbmt=be&hvdev=c&hvqmt=e&keywords=type+c+adapter+hdmi+usb&qid=1540651285&sr=8-11-spons&tag=mh0b-20&ref=sr_1_11_sspa&psc=1
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case| Rift S | Quest |
    pyroth309 said:
    Wish I had a 2000 series card to try but a lot of people in the comments for it on Amazon say it doesn't work for the Rift. I would guess the HDMI signal is too weak if it's showing up in the oculus software.  

On a side note, it's interesting that it works for extending the Odyssey. I had the audio popping problem with active usb extenders. I bought a 30 foot powered one to solve it and was golden but I only have my HDMI extended to 16'ish which is all I need. 
    It had mostly positive reviews but it seems a lot of people have issues. I'll just return it. I don't want to waste time trying to get it to work. 
    I got a reply from support: 

But I'm not sure I want to do all of that. 

Thank you for contacting Accell Support. Please confirm if the the followings are up to date: Operating System version: 1809 Operating System build version: 17763.2xx

Once these are updated, please visit the link below to find our latest firmware update for the adapter: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1gE-JcZxENdvJgKUgQYVupNoISGmrFtZw Please download all 3 files into a same location and follow the "update tool steps.pdf" for instructions.

During the update, please remove all video outputs but Accell adapter from your desktop. Your monitor should be connected to Accell adapter which plugs into the USB-C port on your GPU.
    Let us know if you have any question or concern. Thank you,
    I updated windows and updated the firmware for the adapter like they suggested. 

It now works but now it's cutting on / off every few minutes. 

It looks to me that the image is clearer, maybe colors are sharper than what I was getting using my hdmi to display port adapter. It looks great and frees up a USB and display port but so far it's not reliable. 
  • john.zigmontjohn.zigmont Posts: 116
    Art3mis
    edited April 2
    Don't waste your money doesn't work on my two gaming computers sound but  no video Oculus works fine when directly plug into video card on both computers.
    Update
    After flashing the unit and unplugging the adapter and doing a cold restart and reconnecting the adapter and headset all is fine it's work on both computers. Working with my Oculus Rift and Samsung Odyssey.
    This far from plug N play. 

Don't waste your money doesn't work on my two gaming computers sound but  no video Oculus works fine when directly plug into video card on both computers.
    Update
    After flashing the unit and unplugging the adapter and doing a cold restart and reconnecting the adapter and headset all is fine it's work on both computers. Working with my Oculus Rift and Samsung Odyssey.

The video doesn't cut off for you? Every 10 minutes or so the signal cuts out for me. 

I emailed them and they said they would send me adapter with a different cable. I ordered another adapter. It should be here today. I'll test that first. 
    Art3mis
    MowTin said:
    Update

The video doesn't cut off for you? Every 10 minutes or so the signal cuts out for me. 

I emailed them and they said they would send me adapter with a different cable. I ordered another adapter. It should be here today. I'll test that first. 
    No the video doesn't cut out on me but I have to do a cold restart connect the adapter to the video card then connect the headset to adapter if I don't  the adapter doesn't work and I stand by but original opinion this is a waste of money and far from plug and play the other adapter mention in this thread is HDMI 1.4 b which wouldn't do 90 HZ.
    This should have be QA  at the company.
  • Swifty0neSwifty0ne Posts: 39
    Brain Burst
    I bought something similar. It worked fine on the Virtulink port on the back of my RTX 2070. No issues with it so far.
    No the video doesn't cut out on me but I have to do a cold restart connect the adapter to the video card then connect the headset to adapter if I don't  the adapter doesn't work and I stand by but original opinion this is a waste of money and far from plug and play the other adapter mention in this thread is HDMI 1.4 b which wouldn't do 90 HZ.
    This should have be QA  at the company.
    You're right. I ordered the one that @[email protected] suggested and it doesn't work. It flickers. 

I now have two adapters I have to return. 
    Art3mis
    edited April 4
    Please note most adapters will work at 60HZ but not at 90HZ