Brace yourselves: Official Rift-S reveal is coming - Page 10 — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Brace yourselves: Official Rift-S reveal is coming

Comments

• rhd2330rhd2330 Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    UploadVR

A virtual birdie told us you might want to check http://www.uploadvr.com  at 8AM PT on 3/20 tomorrow morning.

Trust us. We've got some #GDC news.

• RichooalRichooal Posts: 1,041
    Wintermute
    Zenbane said:
    There is a blatant difference between someone saying, they do not know if something exists... versus  saying that they know it exist but do not know more about it than you do.

If you want to argue lies versus incorrectly quoted, please don't start with your above comment.

I did NOT say "they do not know if something exists". My intention is never to lie. My intention was to clear up another poster's misunderstanding of a tweet.

Please also take off your pretend moderator's badge.
    i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - 0 PROBLEMS
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 13,866 Valuable Player
    edited March 19
    Richooal said:nu
    Zenbane said:
    There is a blatant difference between someone saying, they do not know if something exists... versus  saying that they know it exist but do not know more about it than you do.

If you want to argue lies versus incorrectly quoted, please don't start with your above comment.

I did NOT say "they do not know if something exists". My intention is never to lie. My intention was to clear up another poster's misunderstanding of a tweet.

Please also take off your pretend moderator's badge.

I am not trying to act like a Mod. But if you are going to intentionally lie, which I feel you did, then I have no problem directly asking you to refrain from further commentary. If you want to keep posting then fine. But it is pure noise at this point.
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
    edited March 19
    I'm going to quote her actual tweet now so that we can all see what she actually said:

• Techy111Techy111 Posts: 5,809 Volunteer Moderator
    rhd2330 said:
    UploadVR

A virtual birdie told us you might want to check http://www.uploadvr.com  at 8AM PT on 3/20 tomorrow morning.

Trust us. We've got some #GDC news.

8am PT should be 15.00 GMT I believe and as a mod who moderates (some times) let's keep who said what above a bit more civil chaps. Remember, it's supposed to be a fun week ;)
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

• inovatorinovator Posts: 1,809
    Project 2501
    edited March 20
    I could have continued this silly argument but it would be dumb to do that. Let's calm down and not lose it over having to wait for the gdc news.
    I think oculus is offering special help to members that can't take it anymore.
    The number is 354-helpme
  • MradrMradr Posts: 3,348 Valuable Player
    Zenbane said:
    I am not trying to act like a Mod. 
    Sweet cheeks - just be nice - let it go, sometimes not commenting is better than 2-3 post of arguing over nothing!
    Project 2501
    Exactly! Let's argue about something with substance. 
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 6,585 Valuable Player
    Oh shit. I've just thought of something. What if we've got it all wrong? They won't be announcing that the Rift S is releasing. At all. This press event on Monday and the following embargo until today is about something else entirely...

...they're FINALLY going to announce that they're giving me Forum Admin rights on here.

B) 
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
    Why dont to apply for it? I was offer it, but I never could see myself as the forum admin here XD I am too nice LOL
    Project 2501
    Notice the quiet before the storm. The anticipation. Waiting  waiting  (picture these words getting smaller) waiting waiting waiting
  • LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 6,738 Volunteer Moderator
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)
  • rhd2330rhd2330 Posts: 5
    NerveGear

• RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 2,308 Valuable Player
    Billedresultat for holding my breath
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz boost, 11 Ghz ram); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Oculus Rift CV1 - nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"

A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

• WildtWildt Posts: 1,849 Valuable Player
    I've already told you guys it's a wired Quest, so calm the F down already :lol:
    Asus Z370-A ||  Watercooled 8700K || 16 GB gSkill DDR4 3200 || Samsung SSD 840PRO 256GB+850PRO 256GB+850EVO 500GB+970EVO 1TB || Watercooled FE Geforce 1080ti || Zalman Reserator XT watercooler || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3 || Asus ROG PG279Q  G-sync monitor
    Anyone logged in to youtube? Come chat!

I saw you
  • nalex66nalex66 Posts: 4,467 Volunteer Moderator
    edited March 20
    I saw your comment roll by in the chat as well. I was trying to keep an eye on that YouTube livestream, but if it's just some guy reading the news to us from his bedroom, I don't see much point (can't easily listen to audio right now).
    i7 5820K @ 4.25 GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32 GB | Corsair HX 750W
    Corsair Hydro H100i | Samsung SSDs: 860 Evo 1 TB, 850 Evo 1 TB, 840 Evo 1 TB | Seagate BarraCuda HDD 3 TB
    Yeah bored of him now.....

• AekeroAekero Posts: 123
    Art3mis
    it's obviously mostly speculation but I'll eat my imaginary hat if they don't announce the s at this conference! I'm really hoping for a decent res bump now considering hps announced headset..
    Yup my money is on S

2 more minutes until...

the next countdown
    edited March 20
    I'm refreshing UploadVR, since they tweeted that they'll have the secret news at 8 PT (in about a minute).

i7 5820K @ 4.25 GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32 GB | Corsair HX 750W
    Corsair Hydro H100i | Samsung SSDs: 860 Evo 1 TB, 850 Evo 1 TB, 840 Evo 1 TB | Seagate BarraCuda HDD 3 TB
  • LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 6,738 Volunteer Moderator
    RIFT S! 
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)
    edited March 20
    2560x1440 LCD (same screen as Go), 80 Hz, same lenses as Go and Quest, 5 cameras, $399, spring 2019 release. Halo-style headstrap like PSVR, strap speakers like Quest, no Constellation compatibility, longer cable (5 m), DisplayPort instead of HDMI, passthrough mode to see your surroundings through the cameras.

The single screen and no physical IPD adjustment is disappointing to me--the Go lens spacing is a little too narrow for my wide IPD (a little over 70 mm).
  • WildtWildt Posts: 1,849 Valuable Player
    Vague and still disappointing somehow.. now Lenovo has been drawn into this .. meh..
    Asus Z370-A ||  Watercooled 8700K || 16 GB gSkill DDR4 3200 || Samsung SSD 840PRO 256GB+850PRO 256GB+850EVO 500GB+970EVO 1TB || Watercooled FE Geforce 1080ti || Zalman Reserator XT watercooler || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3 || Asus ROG PG279Q  G-sync monitor